Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends.

My is Cayman S 987 - 2008.

In PCM .. I indicated release opens 2 doors..

Let's go to the facts ... Driver's door .... I already put spry LC150 in the microswitch of the window sensor to go down to decompress ... WD40 on the open door.. External and internal .. WD on the lock door..

The internal open door of the driver..This is ok..With pressure of the return spring.

When locking by the key button .. Everything ok ..

Problem .. When opening by the key button .. The driver's door only opens, If I pull the 1st time for the window to lower and return it to the place and finally pull for the 2nd time again, then the unfortunate driver door opens.

At the passenger door .. ALWAYS opens from 1 °time. No problem.

=> Someone would have somethime to help.

Regards.
Zmoura

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
Sorry for my prior reply, I read your post again.

Maybe the window drop switch is a little out of position in the driver's door handle - not fully sensing a handle pull.

Are you opening the driver's door with 2 pulls from inside or outside?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Plainsman..

Thanks the kindness return.

The window drop switch, is inside the door..And he is in the correct position..

I opening the driver's door with 2 pulls from outside. The 1° time the window goes little down..And I have to pull the 2° time..And she finally open..
I want that this door open in 1° pull.

The passenger door open in 1° time pull.

Regards.
Zmoura

·
Registered
93 Posts
I suspect you may have a bad window regulator on the driver’s side. On my car, the regulator had enough slack that the window motor had to rotate for an extra moment before the window would actually move. Since lowering the window when the handle is pulled only requires a small motion, the motor would not move far enough to take up the slack.

After disassembling the door, I found that the self adjusting mechanism for the window regulator had broken:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Red.

Thanks the kindness return..

I saw..The coil..

Do you think..That have some way to fix this....With glue( good one)

Regards.
Zmoura

·
Registered
93 Posts
You’re welcome! The part was inexpensive so I did not attempt to repair it. I’m not sure if that part needs to move or not, so glue may prevent it from operating correctly. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Red.

Very thanks all kindness with me.

Do you know this part number piece - Left Door for my cayman 2008.. 987?

Regards.
Jose

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
Try this link to download the PDF from Porsche ... It is Google's idea but the PDF did download: the part you want should be somewhere in the BODY section.

Cayman PDF

Also, most on-line parts sites will have ways to identify this part ... Lookup by model, section of the car ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try this link to download the PDF from Porsche ... It is Google's idea but the PDF did download: the part you want should be somewhere in the BODY section.

Cayman PDF

Also, most on-line parts sites will have ways to identify this part ... Lookup by model, section of the car ...
Dear Plainsman,

Very very thanks about the PDF. I saw the part number that Red said.

Thats all community Planet-9.

Regards, Zmoura987

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You’re welcome! The part was inexpensive so I did not attempt to repair it. I’m not sure if that part needs to move or not, so glue may prevent it from operating correctly. Good luck!
Dear Red,

Thanks all your returns. Now I saw in internet in very good picture about the piece - part number that you post on photo.
She works the window goes up and down. These in my car is all ok. The problem is in 1 time, when I want to get in or get out of he car, I have to do in 2 times for unlock the door. ( only have these problem in left door).

I saw the coil old and new of your photo, maybe these is the problem, and glue no be fix . But for me, to import a new one from US, that I dont realy know if is gonna be solve its very expensive - piece/shipping/Customs here. For a piece that I dont know its gone real fix.

Do you have another idea about?
Regards. Zmoura987

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear Red .

Thats it...
You found...

Now I have work to do.

Regards.
Zmoura987
Speaking from experience here, the photos in that technical article are of a 986 Boxster; the 987 doors have a few more steps to get inside and replace parts so be aware of that before you get started. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dear Seal.

Thanks all your kindness..

Did you have a correct rechnical article for 987?

Regards.
Zmoura987

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not one complete with photos and instuctions but I would bet the all information needed is contained within these forums. Try searching around the site. If I remember correctly, the biggest difference is that there is a metal panel to remove behind the interior trim inside the 987 doors that hides the lock and window hardware. The number and location of screws/bolts holding in the interior trim is also a little different in the 987 vs 986.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts