Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
My Malwarebytes wirewall has blocked access to your photos. I'm not inclined to override it. I don't understand why people use 3rd party sites when it is so easy to attach images directly to their post.
Leather is easily repaired by even moderately skilled upholstery techs. So I'd advise going the replacement route. The repairs will be as good or better than the original.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Did you buy the car used? Wonder how the hell you can cause that kind of damage. I understand seat bolser wear, but that? Don't think you can repair that; has to be replaced, but don't know if you'd need the entire panel, or just the door pull piece with the pad. Give Suncoast a call and ask them. If you're going to fix that, I'd also fix that POS maxipad tacked on, with the leather interior trim. Hopefully Porsche sell the parts separately. It's really weird to see the red interior in cheap plastic; in the US, it can only be had with 'natural leather', meaning full leather, and the much more attractive door panels with full leather and trim, rather than that ugly-as-sin maxipad glued in place. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
That looks like it was eaten away by a chemical or something. What caused that damage?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Probably caused by hand sanitizer. Mine looked like that, not nearly as bad though, when I got mine used.

My steering wheel looks like that now as well. My wife drives the car as her DD and uses hand sanitizer quite a lot. I can even see the shiny flecks from the sanitizer in the leather.

I'm guessing that it's dye that is missing. Maybe it can be re dyed?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Everything can be fixed, the cost may on the other hand be unbearable. If the car is still under warranty take it to the dealer and complain. If out of warranty take it to a leather refinisher. I'm sure they can do wonders. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If the car is still under warranty take it to the dealer and complain.
I wouldn't waste my time with that; it's obviously not a defect, so no way it'd be covered. Leather is scuffed, probably by weird finger jewelry, as mentioned; can't be anything else IMO. Looks like the maxipad is glued on, but doubt they're sold by themselves. Not sure a leather refinisher can do anything about that in place. And if removed, it'd probably be ruined. Curious how the OP fixes it;).

·
Registered
532 Posts
That part is actually a vinyl insert. The entire handle assembly is replaceable.
Happened to mine from my granddaughter's hockey skates, I was able to sand the area smooth, masked it off & redyed the insert with leather dye.
My damage is now completely invisible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.