Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was having a real blast driving home 'the back way' illegally (as in 100-120 MPH some straights and bring the car to the limit on curves). I know its not something I should do off the track, but its honestly so tempting in a car like this and today I couldn't resist. In fact i didnt have a radar detector and it was illegal made it more fun... wonder if a radar detector would avoid a cop in this situation and I should get one...Cops dont generally go down those roads... in fact i didnt see a single car the whole time. Its about as 'in the woods' it gets in NC.

Anyone else do this type of thing or am I just a madman that should be going on tracks?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Today i was having a real blast driving home 'the back way' illegally (as in 100-120 MPH some straights and bring the car to the limit on curves). I know its not something I should do off the track, but its honestly so tempting in a car like this and today I couldn't resist. In fact i didnt have a radar detector and it was illegal made it more fun... wonder if a radar detector would avoid a cop in this situation and I should get one...Cops dont generally go down those roads... in fact i didnt see a single car the whole time. Its about as 'in the woods' it gets in NC.

Anyone else do this type of thing or am I just a madman that should be going on tracks?
The big problem is the curves. You may have no visibility of what's going on beyond the turn. I hate going very fast at the turns on public roads because of this. Anything could be there beyond the corner - a slow truck, RV, tractor, bus, car, motorcycle, or bicycle, someone passing in the other direction, an animal or pedestrian, a fallen tree, etc. Every turn becomes a Russian roulette. Even in the straights - don't think you would want to hit a deer at 100-120MPH!

Go to the track...

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
This site does not condone street racing or other illegal activity and has a clear policy to not discuss such activities. Sorry guys, read the terms.

Thread closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.