Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/dscp9400.jpg
DSC AVAILABLE NOW!

TPC Racing is proud to announce that our Dynamic Suspension Control (DSC) computer is now available for the 987.2 Boxster / Cayman / S model cars! For 987.1 cars, we do have the DSC available, but the Gen 1 cars have a 2-axis accelerometer and the unit requires a 3-axis accelerometer. We have a 3-axis accelerometer for the 987.1 cars, but they are still in production and we will let everyone know when they are available.

The DSC computer is a plug-and-play unit that is very easy to install. The DSC computer replaces the PASM computer which is located at the foot well of the passenger side of the car close to the door. The installation will take you one to two minutes to complete.

The computer offers three modes. Mode 1 is more for street use, offering a nice ride absorbing the bumps and also offering nice dampening to corner well. Mode 2 still offers a nice ride because of the suspension being active and has more advanced dampening in the corner. The car will not ride harsh at all. Mode 3 is more advanced for track use and also is fun for very spirited driving on the back roads.

All three modes are adjusted by using the PASM button that is already located on your dash. In Mode 1, the light on the shock button will stay lit. In Mode 2 the light will blink two times. In Mode 3, the light will blink three times.

To celebrate the release of the DSC computer, we will be doing a Planet-9 Group Buy! For the group buy, there will need to be five orders to receive a 7% discount. Once we get to ten orders, the discount will go to 10%. DSC is usually $1,190.00 so with the group buy, you can get yours for $1,071.00! Please put your names on the list and email me with your information.

Installation Article is now Here: http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-performance-modifications/p498-tpc-racing-dsc-suspension.html

Here is a video of Randy Pobst driving our Boxster Spyder that we converted to PASM using our DSC computer and explaining how the suspension works as he drives.

Here is a video of Michael Levitas driving our stock Boxster Spyder converted to PASM using DSC on street tires at VIR running down a heavily modified Z06 with Hoosiers and Penske adjustable shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I put a DSC system in my car, and I am thrilled with it. With this system, I have a comfortable ride on the street and a very-well-controlled suspension on the track. It's like PASM on steroids, and puts PASM to shame.

The DSC controller has a much faster processor than the PASM box, and also provides a much wider dynamic range of control. It reads the full CAN bus, and changes the suspension setting at each corner independently as soon as it reads a change to an input (steering angle, brakes, throttle, etc), before the car can even react to the change.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
WOW WOW WOW. For the longest time I have been looking for a PASM module upgrade fro my 987.1. Always wondered why no one has come up with it yet. This is great news. Looking forward to reading reviews about it.

Definitely on the to-do list. For my guide though, what's the feedback like for cars with B16 Damptronics already? On a scale of 10 for stiffness, the common reviews are:

Stock PASM w/OEM suspension
Normal mode = 2
Sports mode = 9

Stock PASM w/Damptronics
Normal mode = 5
Sports mode = 9 (give or take some depending who you talk to)

In that case, where does Mode 1 in the TPC module sit on a scale of 10? Mainly concerned about how much further the module would bring the Damptronics to when they are already half way up the scale on normal mode.

I've only seen a few posts on 6speed, but haven't see much about Damptronics from user feedback (only 1 or 2 there).

Anyway, hopefully you guys will have the accelerometer for the 987.1 soon ...

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW WOW WOW. For the longest time I have been looking for a PASM module upgrade fro my 987.1. Always wondered why no one has come up with it yet. This is great news. Looking forward to reading reviews about it.

Definitely on the to-do list. For my guide though, what's the feedback like for cars with B16 Damptronics already? On a scale of 10 for stiffness, the common reviews are:

Stock PASM w/OEM suspension
Normal mode = 2
Sports mode = 9

Stock PASM w/Damptronics
Normal mode = 5
Sports mode = 9 (give or take some depending who you talk to)

In that case, where does Mode 1 in the TPC module sit on a scale of 10? Mainly concerned about how much further the module would bring the Damptronics to when they are already half way up the scale on normal mode.

I've only seen a few posts on 6speed, but haven't see much about Damptronics from user feedback (only 1 or 2 there).

Anyway, hopefully you guys will have the accelerometer for the 987.1 soon ...

Thanks
The 987.1 accelerometers should be in soon. This accelerometer also allows for Non-PASM cars to convert to PASM. We have had a lot of 911 Turbo cars and also 987's with the Damptronics run the DSC and it works great. You will still feel the stiffer springs from the coil over setup, but it will not be as harsh as stock. In all three modes, the chassis is active and absorbing the bumps in the road. The car drives very smooth, but reacts to what you are doing.

Mode 1 is the softest mode. This is mostly used for street driving. Mode 2 is a bit stiffer than 1, but it is still good for the street and also track. Mode 3 is our stiffest, but as mentioned before, the chassis is active. On the highway, the car will drive smooth in all three modes. It is when you go to bend in for a corner, brake and accelerate that you will notice the difference. If you are trying to compare Mode 1 to the "normal" setting on your car now, it is a lot nicer. The car will feel more stable and ride nicer overall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You mean for 987.1 it will allow people to retrofit PASM. But how about Gen 2, and what kind of Suspension it supports, PSS9 PASM will still working fine ? and is it programmable.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The 987.1 accelerometers should be in soon. This accelerometer also allows for Non-PASM cars to convert to PASM. We have had a lot of 911 Turbo cars and also 987's with the Damptronics run the DSC and it works great. You will still feel the stiffer springs from the coil over setup, but it will not be as harsh as stock. In all three modes, the chassis is active and absorbing the bumps in the road. The car drives very smooth, but reacts to what you are doing.

Mode 1 is the softest mode. This is mostly used for street driving. Mode 2 is a bit stiffer than 1, but it is still good for the street and also track. Mode 3 is our stiffest, but as mentioned before, the chassis is active. On the highway, the car will drive smooth in all three modes. It is when you go to bend in for a corner, brake and accelerate that you will notice the difference. If you are trying to compare Mode 1 to the "normal" setting on your car now, it is a lot nicer. The car will feel more stable and ride nicer overall.
Thanks Harris

Just wondering though. The OEM module is also an active setup, is it that your module takes that up another notch with larger differentiation in the constant damper adjustments?

Either case, if it's information you could share, what would the 3rd axis accelerometer be in a pricing? Just as a rough idea. And how involved would the installation be?

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Harris

Just wondering though. The OEM module is also an active setup, is it that your module takes that up another notch with larger differentiation in the constant damper adjustments?

Either case, if it's information you could share, what would the 3rd axis accelerometer be in a pricing? Just as a rough idea. And how involved would the installation be?

Thanks
The stock unit is "active" but not adjusting to how you drive at a constant rate. Our computer takes it to an entirely new level constantly adjusting the shocks to how you are driving the car and the inputs that you are putting in.

The 3 axis accelerometer will be around $200 and the installation is not difficult.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The stock unit is "active" but not adjusting to how you drive at a constant rate. Our computer takes it to an entirely new level constantly adjusting the shocks to how you are driving the car and the inputs that you are putting in.

The 3 axis accelerometer will be around $200 and the installation is not difficult.
Think I know what you mean then. Sounds like it resolves some of the issues I have had with the stock PASM unit.

Hopefully that will be available for group buy soon

·
Premium Member
3,490 Posts
The DSC unit for 987.1 cars and the accelerometer is available for the group buy!
Harris:

Do you know the price with Gen 1 accelerometer yet?

I think I'm going to be on this list. Just bought the springs and strut tops for my Damptronics setup. This will be nice icing for that cake!

:cheers:

·
Registered
747 Posts
have you shot any video from the outside. it would be nice to see the difference in the body response and control running back and forth through cones in the different modes.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
You mean for 987.1 it will allow people to retrofit PASM. But how about Gen 2, and what kind of Suspension it supports, PSS9 PASM will still working fine ? and is it programmable.
The unit you see in the picture is a direct fit for 987.2 cars that came with PASM. To work in 987.1 cars equipped with PASM, you will also need to add the accelerometer that Harris mentioned.

The DSC works with the factory PASM shocks, and also with all Bilstein B4, B6, B8 and B16 Damptronic struts that fit our cars.

The DSC is programmable, but only at TPC and, in the future, TPC-affiliated shops.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does this group buy include DSC unit for 987.2 non-PASM cars?

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Does this group buy include DSC unit for 987.2 non-PASM cars?
I will let Harris answer that, but as I understand it, yes you could purchase this for a Non-PASM car, BUT you'd have to install PASM or PASM compatible struts and associated wiring to make use of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
aloha folks- i've had the DSC on my street only '07 911TT since beginning of the year- it's a great upgrade to the 997.1
PASM unit- which was super soft in normal mode & ridiculously harsh in sport mode- it transforms the suspension w/o any
other mods & with a 5-10 minute super easy install.
DSC in any of 3 modes is wonderful on the street & none are harsh- so much nicer than stock pasm- good discussion of DSC on Renn & 6 forums under 997TT PASM suspension mods- i've no affiliation with TPC- this is my 1st purch from them- just a very satisfied customer.-

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Harris:

Do you know the price with Gen 1 accelerometer yet?

I think I'm going to be on this list. Just bought the springs and strut tops for my Damptronics setup. This will be nice icing for that cake!

:cheers:
The accelerometer will be around $200. With this and the DSC box, you will have a fantastic car!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts