Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wondering how much interconnectedness (is that a word) there is between PASM (upgraded with DSC Sport box and Bilstein dampers) and PSM?

I'm running into a weird issue with a new build on my car (4.0L in a 2006 Cayman S) where power is randomly cut (Durametric shows the throttle plate angle getting pulled down to 45% at times when I am WOT at the pedal... almost like traction control is trying to kick in? No codes so it would seem it's being done on purpose by the DME and not in error.)

I purchased the car with a blown motor and the DSC system already installed so I'm planning to back-trace the installation just to make sure it was done correctly. However I'm curious to know if (other than the warm-n-fuzzies of verifying it's installed correctly) I'm barking up the wrong tree.

In other words, is there ever a case where PASM (stock or with the DSC box) would ask the PSM system to engage and cut power? Do they really interact with each other at all? Or are they isolated systems?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,593 Posts
PASM computer doesn't do anything to pull power. Pulling power and rear wheel braking is all done in PSM

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey guys,

Wondering how much interconnectedness (is that a word) there is between PASM (upgraded with DSC Sport box and Bilstein dampers) and PSM?

I'm running into a weird issue with a new build on my car (4.0L in a 2006 Cayman S) where power is randomly cut (Durametric shows the throttle plate angle getting pulled down to 45% at times when I am WOT at the pedal... almost like traction control is trying to kick in? No codes so it would seem it's being done on purpose by the DME and not in error.)

I purchased the car with a blown motor and the DSC system already installed so I'm planning to back-trace the installation just to make sure it was done correctly. However I'm curious to know if (other than the warm-n-fuzzies of verifying it's installed correctly) I'm barking up the wrong tree.

In other words, is there ever a case where PASM (stock or with the DSC box) would ask the PSM system to engage and cut power? Do they really interact with each other at all? Or are they isolated systems?
As diverdog mentioned, the DSC module being installed will not pull power. If there was a failure with the DSC module, there would be a PASM fault on the dash. We also have a fail safe mode that will make the car full stiff to also note that there is a problem. If your car is still driving nice and you do not have any PASM error messages, it is not a DSC issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts