Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find any other recent thread on this so thought I would start a new one.

I am basically giving a shout out to TPC Racing and DSC Sport for their DSC Sport product. I got a chance to finally drive my Boxster today with it installed. What a difference over PASM.

First, when normally driving I really can't tell much difference between PASM sport mode and regular. Damping seems to be about the same. Also, this is better than PASM as it is smoother and seems to handle the bumps and jarring better than PASM.

Now, when you turn PASM Sport mode on the car just gets flat. I was taking a section of mountain road today and to see the difference I first switched to Normal PASM mode and the car handled well absorbing bumps without issue. Then I turned on PASM Sport mode and the car just firmed up and felt flatter through the turns. It was like someone sat on the car and didn't let it roll. The handling and shock absorption seemed almost the same as before - no loss in comfort. The car just handled the higher Gs of the corners better. It almost felt like someone when and swapped out the sway bars for bigger ones.

I liken the system to my ABC system on my S-class Mercedes. It does whatever it can to keep the car flat through the turns.

Well done TPC Racing.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I too could not find a current DSC thread. Surprised considering the rave reviews from several respected sources.
I just installed in like 5 minutes, like they said. Can't wait to drive the same road course I drove hard this AM.
987.2 BS

574 Posts
Great review! They are certainly experiencing a surge in popularity and we've been selling a great deal of them - they're popular on Rennlist. It's great to be able to have a plug in upgrade for PASM to improve what you already have. If anyone has any questions or would like a DSC controller at forum discount, please contact us.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I confirm - The new control makes a significant improvement in all modes. This should be the first mod for every owner. The install is literally a no tool 5 minute project. The car is now nothing short of amazing. Thank you DSC

·
Registered
165 Posts
If all you changed were the springs and the shocks are still stock then it will work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have my stock PASM shocks (with 150k miles). Looking to upgrade to Bilstein Damptronics (B16?) this year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts