Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a ducktail style wing, but can not find any companies which make it still. I know Porschemesh has gone out of business. It is for a 987.2. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've considered this as well. The Getty Design base for their wing is designed to look like a classic-style RS ducktail. There's no reason why you couldn't buy the base and then just not mount the GT3-style wing...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have Fluids vents painted Arctic Silver for sale. Never used just been sitting on my desk. I have the mounting hardware as well.

2UN3AQW.jpg
c72Pvbk.jpg
Bxs1FfM.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have this Rear Spoiler/Wing for sale which was sold here previously by another company as Ken said.

Fits 987.1 and 987.2 Cayman's with no modifications required to install.

Available in Twill or Plain Weave Carbon Fiber, Black polished gelcoat, custom painted or for painting by purchaser.

From Precision Design Plastics

Dave Sodergren
Rainier, WA USA
[email protected]

JM Rear Spoiler.jpg image2.jpeg

·
Registered
348 Posts
We have this Rear Spoiler/Wing for sale which was sold here previously by another company as Ken said.

Fits 987.1 and 987.2 Cayman's with no modifications required to install.

Available in Twill or Plain Weave Carbon Fiber, Black polished gelcoat, custom painted or for painting by purchaser.

From Precision Design Plastics

Dave Sodergren
Rainier, WA USA
[email protected]

View attachment 65269 View attachment 65270
how much? For a 987.1 in the gel coat black and do you have a pic of the black?

as you can see I have a meteor grey metallic cayman s accented with black cents and strips. So not sure if I should do a black spoiler or go with the body color.

but I do like the ducktail spoiler.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I might also be interested in this wing for the 987.1 -- I've been looking for a ducktail-like option that mates onto the stock assembly. Do you have any pics of the car in-profile (from the side)?

·
Registered
82 Posts
PorscheInNOLA,

These fit 987.1 and 987.2 (06-12). In black the cost is $520.00 + Shipping which is typically under $40.00 in the continental US. Color matched Meteor Grey using top quality DuPont products would be $730.00 (possibly a little less) + shipping. I sent some photos privately. You could look around in the old thread and see if someone posted photos with theirs painted Meteor Grey. This is about the closet side view photo I have right now

Dave

D.B. White car black Wing.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Jaundice,

The Spoiler is the same for 987.1 and 987.2 Cayman’s. For reference Side Vents are also the same however the Front Splitter is different.

To simplify options and costs so they are not scattered throughout threads I will post current options with prices Saturday in my profile for the Rear Spoiler.

Currently we only offer this size but plan to build an OEM sized Spoiler in 2016 manufactured in carbon fiber.

Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
CJFusco,

I replied to the PM and will look and post a photo here if I have something. There are a lot of Planet 9 members with these Rear Spoilers so if any read this it would be great if you posted or linked some of those here. I will take a side profile picture this weekend and post it by Monday.

Dave

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ken,

Thanks for the link, still learning my way around here.

Great photo Walter, thanks for posting. I see you are in Washington, is this at Pacific Raceways? Have you been to The Ridge?

Dave

1 - 20 of 50 Posts