Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi agraner91,

Currently we offer one style of Spoiler, same width as the OEM but its 6.8” front to back versus 3.75” for the OEM unit. I would estimate ours to be similar to “The Wing” in your photo. Available in two styles of carbon fiber, black gelcoat finish, painted to match your car or ready to prep and paint. No modifications required to install though alignment for clearance may be needed.

Dave

Precision Design Plastics
Rainier, WA USA
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Dave.

I'm so glad that I discovered this thread! I have been on the hunt for a spoiler exactly like this for months and thought that I had missed my chance with all the previous makers having gone out of business. I have sent an email to you at [email protected] asking how I can go about ordering one of these spoilers as a part for painting from you. I live in the UK and I have a PayPal account.

Cheers,
Toby

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Toby,

I just replied to your email a few minutes ago.

I don't have a Spoiler for painting in stock today but one can be ready to ship next week.

Thanks for the interest,

Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have one of their carbon fiber ones I would sell. Just sold the Cayman and took it off. Pm if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Anyone ever try using the boxster spyder wing on a cayman? I think its a great looking ducktail, and keeps the OEM look.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you mean the spoiler for the 987 Spyder, or the 981 Spyder? The 987 spoiler doesn't look that drastically different than our stock Cayman "ducktail", although it's tough to say without putting them side-by-side. It is mounted higher up on the hatch, of course. The 981 spoiler is a bit higher than ours, but I'm not sure it will fit due to the very different geometry of the 981 rear end/hatch.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you mean the spoiler for the 987 Spyder, or the 981 Spyder? The 987 spoiler doesn't look that drastically different than our stock Cayman "ducktail", although it's tough to say without putting them side-by-side. It is mounted higher up on the hatch, of course. The 981 spoiler is a bit higher than ours, but I'm not sure it will fit due to the very different geometry of the 981 rear end/hatch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I purchased my wing from Dave about 2 months ago. He was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He was very responsive and helpful on emails and also had that personal touch to his communication (you can tell that he's a Cayman enthusiast himself). When the wing arrived I could see straightaway that it was of very high quality and was likely to be a good fit for my Cayman S. This past weekend I finally got round to getting it painted Basalt Black Metallic (to match my car), and then I installed it myself. The install was very straightforward, and the detailed instructions and fittings provided by Dave certainly helped a lot. I am ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED with the results (see pictures). Thanks a million Dave, keep up the good work!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I decided to go with the Precision Design Plastics product mentioned above, and I'm very happy with the look, fit, and finish of the wing. Here are some pics I took back in the Spring. And yes, I know that my car looks jacked-up in the pictures; lowering springs or coilovers are coming.

IMG_3179.JPG IMG_3178.JPG IMG_3184.JPG IMG_3186.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks great! could I request a side shot straight on rather from up high, and a straight on rear end shot?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi xcoldricex,

I missed this post so sorry for the delay. Not at my work pc today but will add some Monday. I also sent a PM and if you reply there will send photos direct with finish options and costs.

Dave

PDP Composites
Rainier, WA
[email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
IMG_3422.JPG P8190013.JPG IMG_0292.JPG

Not sure why two photos are rotated. Also tried rotating on pc before upload but no change. I don't have a side shot from high up handy but will look for one and add.

PM to follow with details,

Dave

21 - 40 of 50 Posts