Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to attend a pca de in phoenix soon with my 06 CS and wondering if non porsche cars are ever allowed. My wife has a mini that she would like to drive. Sent an email to them but havent gotten an answer. Thx

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Where I live they are allowed The order of preference for signing for a DE is
1.PCA members w/ Porsche
2.PCA members w/o Porche
3.Others w/ Porsche
4.Others w/o Porsche

If you are a solo driver, (Do not need an instructor with you), there is plenty of space.
Sometimes the spaces for students get filled up.

Non PCA members will have a higher fee than PCA member.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My region, OVR, allows just about anything. Ever look in your mirror and see Sarah Fisher's ex Indy Car closing fast?

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Each region sets their own rules - the best thing to do is to keep trying to get a hold of someone from the region's board. If you can't get a response from the DE chairperson, go to their Web site and get the e-mail address of the president and/or VP of the region and send an e-mail to them - maybe they can poke the DE person and get your question answered.

brad

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've done DE's with 4 different regions here in Florida, and seen everything from VW's to Ferrari's and Lambo's.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you made or make your wife the "affiliate" member on your PCA membership then she will have the same rights as a member without a Porsche for DE events.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
I am hoping our region allows PCA members to bring other cars.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As others have pointed out it is up to the local region. In the past some of the larger regions had no trouble filling the events with all Porsches, other regions needed to accept other brands to fill out the grid and make the events profitable or break even. This year was a rough year for some regions and they may rethink the Porsche only policy. At my region we have some BMW, Lotus and Vettes that make almost every event.

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Almost every DE I've been to has had some kind of non Porsche in it. (CVR Region). There is one guys who's there everytime in a Lotus Elise. I've seen VW GTI's and once an old eighty something Saab 900 that was lifting a wheel around turns.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We attended the Phoenix DE at Firebird last month. There were several non-Porsches running. We didn't put our CS on the track, but both my wife and I got two different rides with two different instructors. Now that was fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in the southeast, the Florida, SC and NC PCA's generally open their DE's to everyone, otherwise they probably wouldn't have enough cars. I think the DE's are more fun with mixed cars, its much more interesting to run with other makes.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Excellent! I'm in PHX, too, so this is decent news. Have a BMW track car since I'm a little hesitant to track my CS unless I can find decent DE insurance. I know it's rare to have issues, but wouldn't want to test the Progressive policy that way...

Much easier to wad up and walk away from a $5K BMW than a much more expensive CS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts