Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through my manual and around the site, but couldn't find the answer. Is there any way to prevent the radio from turning on every time I start the car? Even if it's off when I turn the ignition off, it comes to life when I start the car again.

·
Registered
734 Posts
No way to leave the radio OFF, but there is a way around it.

Hit "Source" until you flip to the "Aux" source. Leave it in Aux, and there is no radio playing the next time you start the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's silly that it can't be turned off. But, this is a good work-around

·
Registered
74 Posts
I suspect you are not fully turning off the radio. Pushing the power button briefly only mutes the radio (the screen still is active, just no sound). To turn the radio completely off, push and hold the power button until the screen goes black.

Edit: Just confirmed that it works as described above on my base Cayman w/base radio and no PCM. I.e. once fully turned off, it is still off the next time the car is started.

Reactions: 2015CS

·
Registered
734 Posts
I suspect you are not fully turning off the radio. Pushing the power button briefly only mutes the radio (the screen still is active, just no sound). To turn the radio completely off, push and hold the power button until the screen goes black.

Edit: Just confirmed that it works as described above on my base Cayman w/base radio and no PCM. I.e. once fully turned off, it is still off the next time the car is started.
That works too, but thats turning off the entire PCM. Bluetooth phone, Navi, etc.

I like to have the PCM left on for the Nav screen, but music turned off for 90% of my drives.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Mods4Cars SmartTOP installed and it mutes my radio at startup. I really like that feature (along with putting the top up/down on my boxster via my door unlock remote).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts