Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, anyone have the Bosch number for the REAR wiper blade? Can't seem to find it. Found the Valeo number though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Replaced the blades with Bosch, pretty sure the same as you identified here. No problems whatsoever I think the Bosch stamp was different than the units that came on the car otherwise no difference.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced the blades with Bosch, pretty sure the same as you identified here. No problems whatsoever I think the Bosch stamp was different than the units that came on the car otherwise no difference.
Thanks. Will likely order these together with the rear Valeo blade tomorrow. No rush though as I think my use of my car will be restricted soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I am surprised you have had issues maybe the entire blade is bad and not just the rubber, many years ago I bought the entire blades from pelican parts.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be but I don't think so. They were really good for the first 3 months maybe.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
there are 23 pages of wiper related stuff here :)

you may want to shop somewhere other than amazon...at sites which cater to RHD requirements like design911.co.uk

I"ve tried both OEM bosch and PIAA and agree with Schell - prefer the PIAA refill. Need to be handy with the pliers though. YMMV.

here are some tips for wiper judder
3 steps to solving wiper chatter/judder

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I replace blades annually and use Rain X, when I do track days if it rains I do not want to compromise safety, it only cost me about $20 for the refills.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there are 23 pages of wiper related stuff here :)

you may want to shop somewhere other than amazon...at sites which cater to RHD requirements like design911.co.uk

I"ve tried both OEM bosch and PIAA and agree with Schell - prefer the PIAA refill. Need to be handy with the pliers though. YMMV.

here are some tips for wiper judder
3 steps to solving wiper chatter/judder
Thanks for the judder tips. I;m really not too much ofof a DIY guy so the steps needed... hmm.. my stock porsche blades lasted close to 3.5 years at least with no issues and no maintenance. I just want to go back to that convenience.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replace blades annually and use Rain X, when I do track days if it rains I do not want to compromise safety, it only cost me about $20 for the refills.
I paid about USD$45 for my front pair... now I know. lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just echo what one of the posts in that link suggested - clay your windshield. That will remove the baked in crud off the glass - and clean glass and clean wipers work very nicely together. I tried RainX twice - both times (years apart) I came to the conclusion that it doesn't work well with wiper blades. Clay will remove it. Another product that can be used is "cerium oxide" (google it) - it's a soft mineral. Harder than dirt, softer than glass. I have a jar of it I've had for at least 45 years - and it's the final thing I'll try if I have any judder in the wipers. It's commonly used by detail shops for buffing out scratches in windshields caused by a broken wiper blade. Amazon.com: cerium oxide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts