Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Dumb Wiper Blade Question

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  deilenberger 
#1 ·
#11 ·
there are 23 pages of wiper related stuff here :)

you may want to shop somewhere other than amazon...at sites which cater to RHD requirements like design911.co.uk

I"ve tried both OEM bosch and PIAA and agree with Schell - prefer the PIAA refill. Need to be handy with the pliers though. YMMV.

here are some tips for wiper judder
3 steps to solving wiper chatter/judder
Thanks for the judder tips. I;m really not too much ofof a DIY guy so the steps needed... hmm.. my stock porsche blades lasted close to 3.5 years at least with no issues and no maintenance. I just want to go back to that convenience.

#13 ·
I just echo what one of the posts in that link suggested - clay your windshield. That will remove the baked in crud off the glass - and clean glass and clean wipers work very nicely together. I tried RainX twice - both times (years apart) I came to the conclusion that it doesn't work well with wiper blades. Clay will remove it. Another product that can be used is "cerium oxide" (google it) - it's a soft mineral. Harder than dirt, softer than glass. I have a jar of it I've had for at least 45 years - and it's the final thing I'll try if I have any judder in the wipers. It's commonly used by detail shops for buffing out scratches in windshields caused by a broken wiper blade. Amazon.com: cerium oxide

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.