Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased my 18k mile 07 Cayman with a brand new set of Nexxen rubber (don't laugh). The first week of ownership I have it in the shop for eibach springs, new brakes, etc. I ended up finding closeout Dunlops and purchased them blindly simply due to the bargain price. Anyone have thoughts on 'em? My only past experience with Dunlops were SP9000 on my XK8.

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 245 35ZR19 and 275 35ZR19. I ended up paying $630 out the door for the entire set (uninstalled). Also, what the heck do I do with the Nexxens?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a dealer put Nexxen tires on? I don't know anything about them, but that would seem odd. As for the Dunlops they are OK, but not the best tire for the car, you'd get more s(miles) out of a set of Michelins. :)

I purchased it from a local Jaguar/Land Rover dealer (originally from Hennesey). I'd imagine they installed the cheap tires here prior to putting it on the lot. They are brand new.

The Michelins would have cost me quite a bit more than the Dunlops and the car is only a weekender + for me.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If you go over to Babblers forum there are several guys who track and they swear by Dunlops. I've got Pirellis on my Box now and will purchase Dunlops for replacement when it is time. Michelins are also great tires but much more pricey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts