Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My company laptop has software controls on it and won't let me download the flash software so I will need to use my home desktop. Does anyone know if I have to get the Durametric Extension Cable or if I can daisy chain some USB extensions to reach my garage from my home office. If I need to get the Durametric Extension does anyone know whether any of our site sponsors sell it...Softronic does not.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I'm not sure of the answer, but I know that for certain functions, e.g. resetting the service due light, Durametric is very sensitive to the conditions since the "window" to reset the code is on the order of milliseconds. I don't think it would hurt to try and use a generic USB extension and see if it works, or you could email Durametric and ask them - they usually respond pretty quickly.

Maybe you could just borrow a laptop from somebody you know . . .

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
My company laptop has software controls on it and won't let me download the flash software so I will need to use my home desktop. Does anyone know if I have to get the Durametric Extension Cable or if I can daisy chain some USB extensions to reach my garage from my home office. If I need to get the Durametric Extension does anyone know whether any of our site sponsors sell it...Softronic does not.
One other option, download to your home computer, then copy to a USB thumb drive and then plug the thumb drive into your laptop and copy it to your laptop. Assuming your IT department hasn't locked down your USB ports or the rest of your computer completely. :)

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
You could try that but I'd be a little leary of it. On a locked system like that you won't be able to disable all the things Scott tells you to do. Anti-virus, firewall etc. Could interfere with executing the installer or its timing.

If you do try this look up the last GB thread I think it was in. There's a certain period of time in which if you get no progress, after which you should kill the install to keep from toasting the DME. If done in time you can retry or send it off to Softronic for the upload. I understand getting a new DME coded into the car is a real PITA.

Not the thread I was thinking of but the important stuff is in here: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-modifications/38813-best-battery-charger-flash.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.