Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you reset the service reminder on a Cayman using the Durametric tool?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have a neighbor who has one so I will try it.

Norm

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried it last night and it did not reset. As I remember we clicked ECU and then diagnostics and then reset service reminder. Nothing. I had the ignition on but the engine was not running. Could that have been the problem? 19 days to service and counting down. :hilarious:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Tried it last night and it did not reset. As I remember we clicked ECU and then diagnostics and then reset service reminder. Nothing. I had the ignition on but the engine was not running. Could that have been the problem? 19 days to service and counting down. :hilarious:
i looked at mine today too...19 days...then i guess it gets nasty after 19 days

·
Registered
245 Posts
When you get to 0 time remaining it just says "service engine now" or something like that when you start the car. No annoying beeping, flashing, or continuous message. I have a 2008 without nav or any of that other non-driving stuff. Your mileage may vary.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Is your car a Gen1 or Gen2 Cayman? The Gen2 cars have a slightly different procedure in the tool, and need the 6.0 software.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I tried to reset during the countdown and couldn't do it either. Maybe it can only be done after the service reminder is past due. That will be in a couple of days for me and I'll try it then.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Durametric success follow up

After failing to reset the service reminder with my neighbor's Durametric, I decided to order the software from Durametric. It came in today. I installed it and hooked it up. Bingo! worked like a charm. Can't imagine why his did not work. What the heck, I needed one anyway.

Norm

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I tried to reset during the countdown and couldn't do it either. Maybe it can only be done after the service reminder is past due. That will be in a couple of days for me and I'll try it then.
I reset mine before it was due, I think several days before it was due if I remember correctly, it certainly wasn;t past due.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Re: Durametric success follow up

After failing to reset the service reminder with my neighbor's Durametric, I decided to order the software from Durametric. It came in today. I installed it and hooked it up. Bingo! worked like a charm. Can't imagine why his did not work. What the heck, I needed one anyway.

Norm
He may not have updated the software to the latest version - some of the previous versions (5.*) of the software didn't always reliably reset the service reminder - the newer versions are much more reliable.

Also, it is recommended that you have the computer on AC power (not battery) when performing certain functions like resetting the Service Reminder.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
This product is a worthy investment. It's very easy to use and the company shows videos on their website on how to use the device. I have a 2010 Cayman S and used the Durametric 6.0 (latest one for sale as of SEP 2010) to RESET the Service Reminder. I figured that once you use the device twice, it's worth two oil changes at the dealer.

I have the LN Engineering Spin-On Oil filter on my car for easy oil changes (I can just go to Pep Boys and buy a regular Spin-On filter any time).

Take care and GOD Bless!
-puma

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.