Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to change the factory pads on my 2007 Boxster to dustless. The factory pads work great but are the dirtiest pads I have had. 50 street miles and the wheels look as if I just got off the track. Wheels get dirty real fast and attract a lot of rail dust, which is hard to remove without using a claybar. I heard ceramic pads are an option. Any ideas? Pros, cons to the idea?

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Change to PCCB system. That will fix it. ;)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
My wife likes to say....dust is God's way of measuring time. Could explain why she's so reluctant to remove it from the furniture. Relative to our cars, it's actually also a way to measure time... behind the wheel. I clean my wheels weekly and wash the car every two weeks. But then again since I'm retired and have alternative transportation, I also avoid driving in bad weather 99% of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Read Ken's article on Wheel Wax.
Wheel wax only takes you so far. For the street, ceramic pads are really great. Not quite the same stopping power as the stock pads, but close enough. They have VERY little dust and the dust they do make is a light grey color. These are just the best on a daily driver not used for lots of very hard braking. Use your pagids on the track and these on the street. Saves a ton of detailing time.

I think Hawk makes them and Akebono. There are probably others including the Japanese company with the horrid website mentioned above.

I'm still using stock pads on the street but I may change soon. If someone has done it on a Cayman, please write in.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My 2007 Infiniti G35 has outstanding stopping power and NO (nil, 0) dust! The 2003 one I had previously had the dustiest brakes ever. My Boxter is somewhere in between Clearly, there are solutions possible.

·
Aqua Blue Metallic Mafia OG
569 Posts
I just put Akebono Euro-Ceramic pads on my Bimmer :)
NO DUST
NO SQUEAL
NO loss of brake feel!

I purchased them through Tirerack. Hopefully they have your fitment.
They don't have them for 997.2 yet :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts