Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I decided to listen to the Pixies DVD Audio disc I have in my PCM and nothing happened. I pressed the screen to navigate to another chapter and nothing.

I switch media back to my iPod and now it shows the last song that was playing but it appears frozen, the song was stuck about half way through. I navigate to another track and nothing. Now the iPod is frozen. The only way I found to get it back is to unplug / plug it in and after a little while it tells me the track can not be played and starts playing the 1st track on the iPod.

Being in QA, I immediately attempted to reproduce.

Every time I switch to the DVD source
A. No DVD audio playback - No matter the DVD Audio disc I try (all of which used to work).
B. It borks iPod playback.

I also verified that with CDs the player still works. I'm going to spend a little more time documenting the issue, but it sucks since just landing on the DVD for a second when switching between sources is enough to kill the iPod playback.

Only recent change is that I got the 4.73 update (was on 4.63) when I got my 10K service a couple of weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aaaaand this morning it's all working properly. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Reactions: mikeearly

·
Registered
848 Posts
I had the iPod lock up like that, but I think it was todo with my iPhone (separately paired to bluetooth) giving an alert. It seemed like the alert via bluetooth interrupted the iPod (via cable) playback and then it forgot to start playback again. That only sorted itself out when I got a phone call, so it interrupted playback and then did not forget to start playing again.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the iPod lock up like that, but I think it was todo with my iPhone (separately paired to bluetooth) giving an alert. It seemed like the alert via bluetooth interrupted the iPod (via cable) playback and then it forgot to start playback again. That only sorted itself out when I got a phone call, so it interrupted playback and then did not forget to start playing again.
I haven't had that occur (yet). Thankfully the rest of the PCM continues to function and it's just the media sources that get wedged. Maybe on a lazy weekend I'll do some poking to see if I can find the magic steps to reproduce these issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts