Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm about to install the DVD drive in my 07 987S to give my head unit navigation capabilities. The drive is coming to me second hand and does not have a power in plug with it. Does anyone know where I might source one? I've tried my local OPC but they don't sell it. Is it the same plug as the CDC-4 CD changer? Alternatively, does anyone here know the pin layout on the drive itself? At least that way, I could fabricate something.

Thank you!

Mona

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check my article on adding that drive and see if it contains info that you need, if not I would think our local dealer could get the part for you.
Hi K-Man S, thanks for the reply. Your install articles are just briliant. I used your 2.1 install to do mine and will use your DVD drive guide too, hopefully today! But unfortunately the info I need is not in your guide. You had the correct cable/plug for the drive and simply had to splice into the CDC loom. I don't have the cable/plug for the DVD. If I cannot buy one I can always make something if I can find out the correct pin configuration on the back of the drive. Regards, Mona

·
Administrator
34,540 Posts
Hi K-Man S, thanks for the reply. Your install articles are just briliant. I used your 2.1 install to do mine and will use your DVD drive guide too, hopefully today! But unfortunately the info I need is not in your guide. You had the correct cable/plug for the drive and simply had to splice into the CDC loom. I don't have the cable/plug for the DVD. If I cannot buy one I can always make something if I can find out the correct pin configuration on the back of the drive. Regards, Mona
Well if you can't buy the plug from Porsche, let me know and i can photograph the wires coming out of the plug and where they are spliced in and perhaps you can then create something yourself, as I recall there was a box of wiring pieces included in the kit for the drive, so if you didn't get the kit perhaps you will have to order the drive kit to get just that wire you need, you might check with Suncoast or another one of our parts sponsors to see if they can get it if your local dealer isn't helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if you can't buy the plug from Porsche, let me know and i can photograph the wires coming out of the plug and where they are spliced in and perhaps you can then create something yourself, as I recall there was a box of wiring pieces included in the kit for the drive, so if you didn't get the kit perhaps you will have to order the drive kit to get just that wire you need, you might check with Suncoast or another one of our parts sponsors to see if they can get it if your local dealer isn't helpful.
Thank you K-Man, that really is very kind of you. However today my local OPC decided they DO have the cable I need. It's combined with the GPS aerial cable. So I'm picking it up tomorrow.

I may have to update the system software on the PCM from V1.0 to something newer as the DVD disc I have is 10/2005. Do you have any idea where I go to get the relevant update disc?

Mona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.