Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Results from dyno sessions for commentary from those more experienced.

I recognize these are suboptimal:

the stock condition and the modified conditions were on different dynojets with stock on 2 wheel and modified on 4 wheel in linked mode, none the less interested in comments from those with more experience particularly regarding relative curve shapes.

Stock RS 60 spyder with PSE on meaning the louder setting

Modified = softronic flash, ipd plenum stock 74mm throttle body, long tube headers, and B&B exhaust with high flow cats.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
There is something fundamentally wrong with one of the torque curves.

Is shows Max torque at about 3,000 revs and then a huge drop off.

I think this curve may be anomalous.

:cheers:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The torque peak at 3000 with big drop off was stock and reproduced on other runs same day, when pse open.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
From your first post you flagged that the pre and post runs were done on different Dynos

The pre run does not look correct, the dip in torque can also be seen in the HP numbers.

The only time I have seen something like this was when a gear change was done mid dyno run.

I had one like this when the PDK did a kick down due to too much load at low revs and too much throttle (kick down engaged)

The pre run shows too much torque recorded compared to the post run.

Im just saying it doesn't look right, not sure why, but not right. More accurately not what i would expect to see.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BJR. Yeah, looking at the plots of others 987's that were stock they did not look like that shape. It was 2 wheel and generated a bunch of error codes - wonder if the electronic nannys influenced the curve - although I had PSM off.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Thanks BJR. Yeah, looking at the plots of others 987's that were stock they did not look like that shape. It was 2 wheel and generated a bunch of error codes - wonder if the electronic nannys influenced the curve - although I had PSM off.
Yes, some of the 2 wheel dynos are really poor quality, and if you were getting error codes the graph is likely incorrect.

That said I think it sorted itself out after the dip and where the torque started climbing again. I think from that point on, you get a reasonable comparison.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The reason the graph looks the way it does is because the Dyno operator seems to be a bit inept on the both the operation of his Dyno and how to set up the graph to display the results correctly.

To be more specific he needs to Force Scale the graph so torque curve looks normal and readable. Not the mess it currently is.

Proof of this is on the HP and TQ scaling. If you look the HP and TQ numbers they should be the same on both sides, 200Hp across from 200Tq, not 200Hp across from 178Tq

Also AFR should be plotted in a separate window on the bottom, without it the graph is only worth half of what it should be.

There are also issues of how he made the run that diminish the value of the results received.

Lastly smoothing should not be set at 5

Information provides insight, The lack of...

Driverxxx7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts