Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Montana and I had it dyno'd last weekend remember I'm at 2800 feet. I have done the desnork, the free exhaust mod, and a KN. The car put 273.84 wheel hp and 232 wheel torque. Conditions where 69.93 F, 27.07 in-Hg, and 42% hum. Im pretty happy with those #'s at this altitude. It was on a Dynojet dyno. Has anyone made these kind of #'s at a similar altitude? 2006 Cayman S

·
Registered
204 Posts
It seems like all speed yellow cars have higher hp out of the factory. I had around 280 on a dynojet with just full catback and desnork. The altitude was around 400ft above sea level and just 91 oct. :)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Remember that a good dyno will take into account the elevation to 'theoretically' make dyno results be equal from location to location.

I would like to do mine since I am completely stock. That would give some people a baseline. Do you folks remove the engine cover to get to the number one spark plug wire?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I did take the cover off. You can see the left side rear wire for the coil and get to it easily. Thats what I did. Make sure to put it on good or you will get a torque spike at high rpms and it will mess up the correct reading.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I just bought an '06 with catback Fabiani pipes, race mufflers...not sure if totally de-snorked, stock tune: popped some solid 270-272 pulls in 4th...about 3hp less with two 3rd gear pulls.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.