Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a dyno test this week, and am concerned about controlling the PDK. When I have tried to do a single gear, full throttle acceleration run in manual mode in 3rd gear on the road, the PDK tranny wants to down shift into 2nd. What method can one employ to force the trranny to hold one gear to redline, which I will need to do for the dyno test?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Don't push the kickdown switch. The transmission will not change on it's own volition unless the kickdown switch is activated.

You don't seem to be aware that the kickdown switch is at the bottom of the accelerator travel. You should be able to feel as you push down on the accelerator, it hits a stop. Then with more pressure it goes a bit further, that's the kickdown switch. It's a useful thing to be aware of and control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't push the kickdown switch. The transmission will not change on it's own volition unless the kickdown switch is activated.

You don't seem to be aware that the kickdown switch is at the bottom of the accelerator travel. You should be able to feel as you push down on the accelerator, it hits a stop. Then with more pressure it goes a bit further, that's the kickdown switch. It's a useful thing to be aware of and control.

Thanks much for this information. It is most helpful. Really appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.