Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey FC; how did it go??

Would have been great to be there but up to my a$$ in insulation instead.
Driving would have certainly been more fun...& a damn sight cooler to boot!

I am however, signed up for the Harris Hill DE June 26-27th...been dying to try that track out. Several of us are going down there from this area; come on down!!

BTW: thanks for the Instructed ride at the April MSR DE...that was a blast!!
Nothing like another Cayman pilot strapped in for an additional incentive to finish off the Kumhos!!
Looking forward to some more lateral accelerative input!!!

Randall

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great two days at Eagles Canyon.......hot but lots of good track time and very little track traffic for those of us that did the DE. Unfortunately for me I experienced the dreaded oil smoke monster. Kind of good news bad news. Good news I am getting around the track faster and pushing the care more but the bads is I now am experiencing the oil problme so well documented on here. I have an extended oil pan but it did not help at this point. It looks like it is time to upgrade to the Motosport oil separator or quit driving. But other that how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln....?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, it was hot and fun for the DE group. I enjoyed getting to chase everyone around the track and meet some new faces. For those that don't know me I was the one with the 2001 Red Boxster S with yellow wheels.

I set a personal best lap time of 2:08 so I was happy. I was even more happy that I didn't blow my engine this time out there.

On a side note, my son (red miata) had some engine issues on Saturday, so we had to park his car and he and I traded off sessions on Sunday. So if something happened on Sunday that ticked you off, it was him!:)

·
Maverick Region DE Instructor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a hot weekend for sure, but always good to be at the track. Left the CS at home this time. Took out my newly built Spec Boxster for it's shakedown. Had a blast learning the car. Was hanging in there pretty well. My times were in the middle of the Specs in the club race. Plan to join them starting at the High Plains PCA event. With more seat time, my times should drop.

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
I was out there on Saturday (Black "non-S" Cayman, #94), but couldn't make it on Sunday.

The best part about the day was the Charity Laps. Yes, that's right... I enjoyed them the most. Because it was the first time my daughter (12) came out to the track with her old dad, and her first time on the track! :cool: She had a blast, and didn't even mind just "hanging around" all day in the heat.

FriscoCayman, sorry I didn't see you out there, and congratulations on building out that SpecBox! That's a beautiful car, and I bet that was a ton of fun...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts