Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

by: i a motorsports

Description: If you have a center Mesh grille, here's an easy no-hole front license plate mount. I kept racking my brain to come up with a simple way to do this, and this morning while messing around in the garage it came to me. so bloody simple I can't believe it.I started with my mesh front grille and removed it. I used black nylon license plate screws and nuts (which you can pick up about anywhere)First I placed some self-adhesive closed cell foam weatherstripping tape to the back of the plate on the full perimeter.Then I located the plate on the mesh grille. I pushed the screws thru the mesh grille and the plate holes from the back, removed the plate, and installed one set of nuts to hold the screw in place (see pics 2 and 3). Then I added a second nut to each screw to hold the plate in place. So, when the plate isn't mounted these little black studs ate sticking out, but they are quite innocuous and don't really harm the aesthetics.So when you want to mount the plate, back off the second set of nuts, position the plate, and re-install the nuts.Plate is in place, doesn't look bad, and is easily removable. cost, about $3If I ever decide to remove the studs, it will take about 5 minutes.I'm breaking my arm patting myself on the back.

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts