Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[pic=left]http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/6/3/9/ebaynews_z.jpg[/pic] Planet-9 and eBay have teamed up to provide our members with easy access to items related to the Porsche Cayman which are currently listed for sale on eBay. This new area of the Planet-9 website will be known as the eBay Marketplace and is available everywhere on the site via one-click in the primary top navigation menu. When Planet-9 members click this link and shop on eBay the Planet-9 website will earn a small commission to help support the site. Now members who would otherwise visit eBay on their own can now visit eBay through this link and help the site.

Our eBay Marketplace link is merely a doorway to eBay designed to provide our members with convenient one-click access to the items which are most likely of interest to them. Although the eBay Marketplace search results are preset for our members, they can be changed in the marketplace at any time, so if you aren't looking for Porsche Cayman items you can simply change the search terms and look for whatever you are interested in on eBay and still help out the Planet-9 site.

Getting started is easy, see the image below for where to click to visit the Planet 9 eBay Marketplace!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for always making this site better for us- can't get thru a day without checking out this site or Ebay so now it is one click and there I am!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Be fore warned. I made a purchase on ebay, from a removed sponsor, albeit inadvertantly; they go by a different name on ebay. This adds insult to injusy as I am already at a serious loss due to them.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
When Planet-9 members click this link and shop on eBay the Planet-9 website will earn a small commission to help support the site.
Does this mean that no matter what we end up purchasing through eBay, as long as we enter through the Planet-9 Marketplace, then the Planet-9 web site will earn a small commision?

It sounds like a great way to support this site, I just want to better understand how it works.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris135 said:
Be fore warned. I made a purchase on ebay, from a removed sponsor, albeit inadvertantly; they go by a different name on ebay. This adds insult to injusy as I am already at a serious loss due to them.
By all means report their eBay name here so our members are informed and don't make an unintended purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ApexL8 said:
When Planet-9 members click this link and shop on eBay the Planet-9 website wi...
Does this mean that no matter what we end up purchasing through eBay, as long as we enter through the Planet-9 Marketplace, then the Planet-9 web site will earn a small commision?

It sounds like a great way to support this site, I just want to better understand how it works.

Thanks,
Chuck
It is my understanding that if you go to eBay from this link and then end up purchasing something then yes we get a small commission, however, if you navigate away or come back on your own later then we would not get a commission so be sure to always use that link if you want to hit eBay. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
By all means report their eBay name here so our members are informed and don't make an unintended purchase!
luxurymotor9111 = Motor-Lux

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I check eBay every day and have a saved search titled "Cayman S" already. Nice to know I can get there through this website as well.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Gee...I wonder who that might be...an outfit in California that produces second hand CF pieces...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
:eek: When did Motor Lux turn to be the bad guys? I didnt catch that :confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since we make all of our money online, this peaked my interest. As of the later part of this year, eBay changed the way their affiliate program works. Basically, Planet 9 gets paid for every person they drive to eBay. In other words, every time someone clicks on the 'eBay' link at the top of the page, Planet 9 gets paid. HOWEVER, the higher quality the traffic Planet 9 drives, the more they get paid per click. So it does Planet 9 no good to just click on the link. You have to buy something from eBay.

eBay gives credit for any purchase made within 7 days after you click on the 'eBay' link from Planet 9 (assuming you don't click on some other eBay affiliate link in the meantime). BUT, the less time that passes from the time you click on the Planet 9 'eBay' link and the time you make a purchase, the more credit Planet 9 gets.

It is a very confusing system eBay has put into place. Their older affiliate system was much easier to understand.

If you want more information on how this works, Google 'eBay partner network'.

Just to be clear. We make absolutely ZERO dollars of our income from eBay. We just are in the biz (affiliate/online marketing).

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about you add Boxsters as well.:cheers:
I can only have one default search parameter for the link, but once you land on that page you can replace Cayman with Boxster and click the search button and it will do that for you. We chose to pre-load what we believed would be the most common search coming from this site, but to allow members to execute whatever search they want.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since we make all of our money online, this peaked my interest. As of the later part of this year, eBay changed the way their affiliate program works. Basically, Planet 9 gets paid for every person they drive to eBay. In other words, every time someone clicks on the 'eBay' link at the top of the page, Planet 9 gets paid. HOWEVER, the higher quality the traffic Planet 9 drives, the more they get paid per click. So it does Planet 9 no good to just click on the link. You have to buy something from eBay.

eBay gives credit for any purchase made within 7 days after you click on the 'eBay' link from Planet 9 (assuming you don't click on some other eBay affiliate link in the meantime). BUT, the less time that passes from the time you click on the Planet 9 'eBay' link and the time you make a purchase, the more credit Planet 9 gets.

It is a very confusing system eBay has put into place. Their older affiliate system was much easier to understand.

Just to be clear. We make absolutely ZERO dollars of our income from eBay. We just are in the biz (affiliate/online marketing).
That was pretty much my understanding as well, that we get a pittance for clicks but might actually get something tangible if someone actually buys something. I figured if we had people here buying from eBay anyway it wouldn't hurt to put this up and allow them to help out the site if they are so inclined. Wht09cs if you have any recommendations on affiiate programs, etc. that might be of interest to our members and beneficial for the site please PM or Email me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts

Thanks for the extra information. I guess I just wanted to verify if I could change the search parameters that are already populated on the eBay Marketplace page to something completely unrelated, like "Beatles Box Set", navigate away from the original page, and the Planet-9 site would still get a small percentage of the sale.

If I am using eBay anyway, I may as well enter through the Planet-9 page.

That was pretty much my understanding as well, that we get a pittance for clicks but might actually get something tangible if someone actually buys something. I figured if we had people here buying from eBay anyway it wouldn't hurt to put this up and allow them to help out the site if they are so inclined. Wht09cs if you have any recommendations on affiiate programs, etc. that might be of interest to our members and beneficial for the site please PM or Email me. Thanks!
The only down side I can think of is that by entering through the Planet-9 Marketplace people may mistakenly assume that there is a tacit approval of the transaction by this web site, or K-Man S personally.

Cheers,
Chuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts