Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that most tuners have been unable to provide an ECU tune for the 981 series. Is installing a 991 ECU in say a 981S a possibility. has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mwilson, yeah if John could chime in I'd love to hear if its feasible. Oh and congrats on the conversion, awesome Been thinking about that myself

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks mwilson, yeah if John could chime in I'd love to hear if its feasible. Oh and congrats on the conversion, awesome Been thinking about that myself
..the ecu ist exactly the same. The only difference is the ecu mapping. If you flash the 991 mapping to a 981 with pdk you can't move the car anymore. That's the reason why we modified the mapping in a way to get everything working like a charme.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Erich, thanks for the reply but I thought the issue was that the ECU could not be altered due to the encryption. However, If you modified the mapping then you must've been able to access the ECU. Am I missing something here. Thanks

..the ecu ist exactly the same. The only difference is the ecu mapping. If you flash the 991 mapping to a 981 with pdk you can't move the car anymore. That's the reason why we modified the mapping in a way to get everything working like a charme.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Erich, thanks for the reply but I thought the issue was that the ECU could not be altered due to the encryption. However, If you modified the mapping then you must've been able to access the ECU. Am I missing something here. Thanks
...sure but I'am overseas. US customer should contact John @ BGB:

Here you could see the latest ecu development stage:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Everyone wants to know that question as well. What options will develop...the community is watching.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I suspect fear of getting sued under violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1996 which forbids breaking encryption under penalty of law. Devices made outside of the US are subject to confiscation by the US government when imported after the owner of the copyright complains. Happened with devices designed to get around satellite encryption.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts