Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has everyone given up on an ECU tune??

Also, has anyone got a CLEAR and FACTUAL answer regarding if the tunes from the BS/CS to GTS are simply software (in terms of power output) or are there any mechanical differences in the engines?

And the same question re: 2013 vs 2014 BS with sport chrono. I was sold the car with the promise it WOULD have the rev matching feature (it didn't). Does someone know if it can be retrofitted? Would I have to replace the whole transmission??

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
So has everyone given up on an ECU tune??

Also, has anyone got a CLEAR and FACTUAL answer regarding if the tunes from the BS/CS to GTS are simply software (in terms of power output) or are there any mechanical differences in the engines?

And the same question re: 2013 vs 2014 BS with sport chrono. I was sold the car with the promise it WOULD have the rev matching feature (it didn't). Does someone know if it can be retrofitted? Would I have to replace the whole transmission??

Thanks
According to Porsche mechanic in Munich, the increase to 340 HP is due to combination of ECU remapping and use of the sports exhaust system.
Regards, Christ

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
According to my mom, it uses a less viscous oil and re-mapped fuel tables.

Reactions: LouCipo and rjpeaks

·
Premium Member
87 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then surely Porsche should be able to provide a "power pack" for the 981 platform, just like they do for the 991??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm well that would be ideal.

In the intermin, has anyone heard of any ECU tunes available aftermarket? Lots of noise and no real answers so far...

·
Registered
575 Posts
All internal engine components are an exact pn match S to GTS. Even the sports exhaust seems to be the same. Seems like Porsche allowed the throttle to open another 0.1 degree and called it a day.

I keep having visions of partially closed throttle blades when driving the car. Very disturbing

Reactions: Rickyb

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone tried this yet?

Also, I presume the 340 HP figure is for any of the 981 engines given this is purely software tuning?

·
Registered
221 Posts
All internal engine components are an exact pn match S to GTS. Even the sports exhaust seems to be the same. Seems like Porsche allowed the throttle to open another 0.1 degree and called it a day.

I keep having visions of partially closed throttle blades when driving the car. Very disturbing
The PSE in the GTS was found to be a different from the standard PSE. Still a PN validation has not come to light, but at least visually and tone wise it was different per Schnell. Now, I don't know if any dyno has validated a difference, but I'm pretty sure that tuning is the real difference in the bump in power. Its sad how easy Porsche bumps power and tuners still dont have a clue on how to unlock the ECU.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmm well that would be ideal.

In the intermin, has anyone heard of any ECU tunes available aftermarket? Lots of noise and no real answers so far...
where do you live? If you live in California (bay area), the answer is yes :) I know the guy he is able to do the tune for 981 (24-27hp) Last week, I got his message and stopped by to check out the tuner. And Yes, he has it :)

image.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very interesting. Need to get more info flowing

·
Registered
499 Posts
I anxiously eating my popcorn, awaiting new infos

1 - 20 of 417 Posts