Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eibach Pro or H&R Sport Springs on Boxster S - Best Performance/Installation Ease?

What's people's thoughts on installing one of these spring sets?
I'm looking for reduced body roll and a more aggressive look - I do occasional track day with club/some autocross.
I'm planning on self installation so ease of installation is very important as I don't want a headache :)

Thanks!

Sean

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Re: Eibach Pro or H&R Sport Springs on Boxster S - Best Performance/Installation Ease

This topic has been beat to death..... if you do a search for either brand, you'll find tons of info. General concensus is you can't go wrong with either one, but install is not easy and takes 6-8 hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Eibach Pro or H&R Sport Springs on Boxster S - Best Performance/Installation Ease

Is it true that if I just change the springs that its not good for the stocks and that i will eventually have to replace the shocks?

·
Registered
621 Posts

Is it true that if I just change the springs that its not good for the stocks and that i will eventually have to replace the shocks?
It's not that it's bad for the shocks (struts actually) - it's that some people believe/assume that the shock/strut damping won't be matched well enough to the shorter/stiffer springs. In my experience (having done it both ways), if the struts are fairly low mileage, say under 40K miles, then I don't think it's worth changing struts too - for a primarily street-driven car. If you are tracking/racing and going for the last few tenths in lap time, then you'll want to change struts too, and probably to adjustable 'coil-overs' at that. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.