Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Emergency run light come on about 1 mile from home, turned car off was fine the rest of the way , drove to work same thing next day it kind of freaked me out, next day drove to Interstate Battery same thing on that trip turned car off the a mile later check engine light came on, battery tested really low 3 year old Moll battery, changed to Interstate H7 have driven about 60 miles no issues, Porsche battery quote $508 Interstate $178 .

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yep, the computers on these cars freak out when the voltage gets too low. Battery check should be first on the list whenever weird messages pop up.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad news got same message Emergency Transmission Run, then started running rough and got check engine light, maybe coil pack going bad, just changed plugs a few months ago and they all looked good.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i had an experience with this before - is it the white one or red one? and did you get any codes?

my tech previously diagnosed a dirty MAF as a cause.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had the emergency Transmission run message coming up when a coil was faulty. Replaced that and fixed the problem. Hope yours clears up.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine was the white, if the new coil packs do not work will check the MAF, with only 34,000 miles I hope it is the the 9 year old coil packs I just changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts