Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking from other posts that this problem is the oil seperator.after engine warm up my engine squeals at idle. gos away when you rev up.2006 cayman s.any thoughts. thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
im thinking from other posts that this problem is the oil seperator.after engine warm up my engine squeals at idle. gos away when you rev up.2006 cayman s.any thoughts. thanks
I had this exact problem and was told twice it was the oil seperator. They replaced it and i drove off the lot and at the next light I heard it again. Took it back and after having the car a week they found my problem to be the water pump. Said that they never saw this happen on such a new car. My CS is a 2010 and had around 3,000 miles. All is good now so check with your guys and mention this to see of this could be the issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
389 Posts
thanks, its really nice having the experience of the users on this forum.i want to fix it once.
My pleasure. I understand. This is a great site. I was on it for months before and after I ordered my Cayman and still check in now and then.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a 07. I hear a whine when accelerating in 3rd gear. I also hear it occasionally in 4th. It is not very loud, you have to listen for it. I am not sure what that could be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts