Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I went out for a cruise tonight and the engine kept stalling every time I came to a stop. It would restart itself and reoccur at the next stop. Auto start stop function has been off since I got the car. When I started the car initially it took a second crank which is unusual. I'm hopping the computer will reset and tomorrow it will be fine but I think that may be wishful thinking.

Anyone have any experience with similar issue?

I think a dealer visit is in my near future. Disappointing at 7500kms.

Cheers
Mav

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've had this happen twice. Both times I topped off or overfilled the gas tank. But not more than a couple stop lights.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Maybe you got a bad tank of gas? I've had similarly weird things happen to other makes (also German) of cars where I struggled through a tank of gas. Next fill up...everything was fine.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If the problems discussed are occurring after fill-ups, I think it is more likely that the gas cap is not sealed properly than it being the gas quality. If it happens again, pull over and remove and reinstall the gas cap firmly.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the thoughts guys but I'm half way through a tank of gas, I'm fairly certain this is not the root cause.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You really need to get plugged into a code reader. Preferably one that can read the Porsche specific codes not just the generic OBDII stuff. Troubleshooting remotely is difficult. No data makes it worse.

Les

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, there are WAY too many possibilities without any other information. The dealer visit makes the most sense, and it should be under warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: went out today and it started normally and no issues with it shutting idown at stops. I'll chalk it up to a computer glitch and if it happens again I'll take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had this issue one day when the car had ~1500 miles on it. It shut off 4 or 5 times, and sometimes while I was still going 10-20 mph! I contacted the dealership service and they said that they had heard of the issue, and said it was generally a non-recurring problem. I now have 9,000 and have not had it happen again. It was dangerous when it did happen because I was in traffic when it kept stalling.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If my Cayman S stalls it's because of my own fault. It sounds like there is something wrong with urs. I'd keep complaining until they fix it or it fits under the Lemon Law where u live. That kind of stalling is totally not acceptable, IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts