Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some help from the club on this one.

While taking off from a stop clutch fully engaged roll on throttle and a very hard lurch @ 1500-1900 RPM. Can someone try this, and tell me its normal?

I first noticed this while making a u-turn with a drink in one hand, and the wheel in the other, kinda one of those things you do when you should have down shifted but didn't (due to the soda in hand). Now I'm feeling it every time I keep up with the rush hour race of morning traffic. Keep in mind this is not a situation where you would lug the engine just a regular roll on to maybe 1/4 throttle as the rpm's build. I usually make it a rule not to reach pedal to the metal anytime before 3.5k rpm.

The car is a 2007 2.7 run on 93 octane and quite selective on the brand as well.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
That's a strange one. Have you checked the condition of your rear tires? Sounds like something may be slipping.

Oh, and I can't believe you admitted drinking/eating in the Cayman, shame on you! :hilarious:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope... no slipping, it's got to be something with the engine fuel map or ignition. I wasn't really drinking the soda, just transporting it, because it was a 32oz big gulp.

I'm not sure if it is normal or not.
Maybe its bad gas.....thoughts?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
You might try disabling PSM and seeing if it still has the symptom. I get a similar affect after a "bat-turn" due to traction control trying to protect me from myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.