Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. searched the forum and couldn't find anything so here goes ...

996.2 3.6L x51 engine into 987.1 cayman. 345 free-revving hp before I breath on it, so a good match for the cayman. mechanical feng shui should be the same as any 911 engine into a cayman/boxster (fuel lines, coolant lines, etc.). 7.8 ecu is the same. the question is the flash. i'd like to run a row 996 x51 flash, but am worried that I would lose some of the 9x7 functionality such as sport chrono, psm, tpms and pasm. any thoughts, links or existing threads you could point me to? thanks, trk.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You should post some pics of the engine. I believe if you do some searches there is a list of parts. A lot of them would come from the 3.4L in the Cayman but think need different engine mounts etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i've got a pretty good grip on the mechanical side of things. what i'm wondering about is if i push a 996 flash onto the car will i lose sport chrono, pasm, etc. - ie, does their functionality come from stand-alone modules or are they driven by the ecu. worst case i could probably use a 3.8 x51 flash for a 997.1 as i assume eit would adapt to the smaller displacement ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts