Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything about Cayman wraps in FAQS. I am in process of buying a Cayman S that has a wrap that is quite a police magnet. It is complete body carbon fiber, mainly black with marked red accents. It looks like a race car . I think it is much more expensive than just a clear hood wrap. My question is, how difficult is it to remove if it attracts too many policemen or women? Also, my wife may not be seen with me in the car with these colors. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're worried about being ticketed, and your wife might not want to be seen with you in this car, then why are you considering a purchase?

Well, if you're like me, and many others on this forum, you might very well be drawn to a vehicle that "looks like a race car". What's wrong with that? Maybe there's a bit of exhibitionist in you. My 981 CS is "racing yellow", or as some might say, "arrest-me yellow". I love the boldness of it; it's unapologetically fast and sexy. Entertain your inner child. Take a walk on the wild side. Buy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still plan to buy it as long as it passes inspection at a Porsche dealer. Thanks for your answer. It made me feel better about buying it. I do like it. And I guess I am an exhibitionist. Just that I am older and have owned other fast cars in the past, but none as nice as this one. Eric

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
hell i drive a yellow car.. it don't get brighter than that..

so far this year 2 tickets..

on my W210 E320 daily driver believe it or not.. and not the cayman.. both for cherry picking spots on no right turn on red..

lemon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lemon, I appreciate your help. These posts definitely make me feel I am making the right choice. Thanks, EPK

·
Registered
948 Posts
Post a pic, but race car look sounds cool. Removal is very easy should you so choose

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The look of the car is a personal choice. AS you can see, some like the flash and attention and others, like me. prefer stealth performance. Make the choice that's right for you. If the car is what you want, go for it. If you get tired of the wrap have it removed. It will cost a few dollars but the car is what you're buying, not the wrap.

I can't find anything about Cayman wraps in FAQS. I am in process of buying a Cayman S that has a wrap that is quite a police magnet. It is complete body carbon fiber, mainly black with marked red accents. It looks like a race car . I think it is much more expensive than just a clear hood wrap. My question is, how difficult is it to remove if it attracts too many policemen or women? Also, my wife may not be seen with me in the car with these colors. Thanks, Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts