Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, no "ghost" CEL this time. It has only been a week or two since my last CEL, this time I got a bunch of codes and I hope someone can help.

Car: 2006 Cayman S w/ Sport Chrono, TPMS.
Mods: SRP, Speedart TUV Exhaust. Also an XM commander with inline FM modulator.

Error codes from Durametric (module - codes):

TPMS - C131, C140
Electrical System - C140
Airbag - red exclamation but no codes
Advanced Weight System (AWS) - 8014 (POSIP LIN no comms)
Alarm - 8004 (terminal 50 value below limit)
Front - C140, 8042 (front luggage unlocked, implausible signal) <<I had this once before but it cleared>>

There are no issues with indications, instrument panel, radio or performance. The car seems normal other than the CEL. Also, if I disconnect the battery, the CEL stays out for 3-5 days (hard to tell as I only did it once and then went off on business) then the CEL comes on as the car finishes warming up.

If this is a real issue that the dealer should investigate, no problem, I will take it over. However, if it is a simple issue or due to the SRP, I would rather fix myself than try to explain to the dealer. Also, if I have to take it in, should I reflash to original or leave the SRP flash?

==============================================================================================
Update 10-19-10

As recommended, I spent 1.5hr Sunday night reflashing back to original. Before doing so, I did check under seat connectors adn made sure the passenger seat was not all the way back (no change). Two days now and no CEL. Hoorah!

After flashing back to original, the car seems to idle smoother and may actually feel smoother runnig but that may be imagined. I now wonder about the value of the SRP as I do not really feel a reduction in power (uncalibrated butt-dyno). I will continue like this for a while and see if the CEL's stay clear. If I am running on original flash, should I remove the plenum/ intake or can I leave it alone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patrick

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Well just to take the srp out of the equation have you considered flashing back to stock? It almost sounds like the connector under your passenger seat is disconnected or loose as some of those faults would be triggered by that, take a look and see, but i do suggest taking it to your dealer!

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
It almost sounds like the connector under your passenger seat is disconnected or loose as some of those faults would be triggered by that, take a look and see, but i do suggest taking it to your dealer!
Also make sure the passenger seat is not binding (all the way back, or the seat back tightly pressing against the firewall). That can trigger a false sensor reading. I put a small amplified subwoofer back there, and I get an air-bag related fault reported if I put the seat too far back, or recline it too far, as it puts a bind on the seat adjustment mechanism. BTW, I have power seats.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Also make sure the passenger seat is not binding (all the way back, or the seat back tightly pressing against the firewall). That can trigger a false sensor reading. I put a small amplified subwoofer back there, and I get an air-bag related fault reported if I put the seat too far back, or recline it too far, as it puts a bind on the seat adjustment mechanism. BTW, I have power seats.
I'm getting DTC 8033, Passenger's head airbag. below lower limit.
I've checked connectors under the seat, can't find the problem. Anyone have an idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts