Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be of interest to P9ers in Canada that BC and MB changed the regulations with regards to ethanol in gasoline. According to one vendor that used to have ethanol-free 91 octane gas, those 2 provinces now require ethanol in 87, 89, and 91 octane. The sole vendor of 94 octane, at least here in BC, states that product is still ethanol-free.

We now return to regular programming, already in progress. 馃

Registered
It may be of interest to P9ers in Canada that BC and MB changed the regulations with regards to ethanol in gasoline. According to one vendor that used to have ethanol-free 91 octane gas, those 2 provinces now require ethanol in 87, 89, and 91 octane. The sole vendor of 94 octane, at least here in BC, states that product is still ethanol-free.

We now return to regular programming, already in progress.
What about 93 octane at Shell? Does it have ethanol in it?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but according to them it does.

"Please be informed that due to local regulation changes in British Columbia and Manitoba, premium fuel is now required to contain ethanol.
So our V Power 91 and 93 octane in BC and Manitoba, have ethanol.
However, our V Power 91 octane still contains 0% ethanol for the rest of Canada. It is best to confirm also with the station."

Premium Member
Shell 91 used to be my second choice after Chevron 94. Sorry Shell, you just lost my business.

Registered
Sorry, but according to them it does.

"Please be informed that due to local regulation changes in British Columbia and Manitoba, premium fuel is now required to contain ethanol.
So our V Power 91 and 93 octane in BC and Manitoba, have ethanol.
However, our V Power 91 octane still contains 0% ethanol for the rest of Canada. It is best to confirm also with the station."
Dang I stored my car with Shell 93 in it... Haha hopefully my modern fuel system can take it..

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts