Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just talked to a dealer regarding a GT4 allocation he has (marked up) and asked about ED. He says that ED slots are booked up for a year out so with the end of 2016 MY production it seems like ED is no longer possible for GT4?

EDIT: I may have received incorrect information from that dealer. Other dealers have looked into it and indicate there is no problem.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Are you saying the Porsche (Jamie from PCNA Euro Delivery dept in Atlanta) is saying no, or the dealer?

So look guys, Porsche charges the dealer $2,995 for this free option. So, is not free to the deal - it costs. Since these are easily sold at MSRP, you can't expect the dealer to discount another $3K for free. Offer to pay for it, buy another car from him, split it if you are a great customer - but You need to work this out with your dealer - certainly there is enough advance time to expect a slot for a summer 2016 delivery. I would think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was a question to see if what the SA said was correct. He seemed pretty adamant that it wasn't possible for a late spring/early summer delivery because that's the high season and all booked up. Other dealers have emailed me back saying it was doable but they could be misinformed as well. I don't know what to believe and I'm looking for other people's experiences.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So look guys, Porsche charges the dealer $2,995 for this free option. So, is not free to the deal - it costs.
Not entirely true. Yes, the dealer eats the cost of ED... but at the same time, Porsche Corporate gives them another allocation to sell another car, thereby offsetting this "cost". So net, it's not actually costing the dealer... but of course, they want you to think it does for negotiating power. Be informed.

On top of that, yes there are delivery slots starting in April... Leipzig will be much tighter than Zuffenhausen, and might be fully booked by now, especially trying to book a GT4 delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fwiw my dealer offered ED at MSRP per Porsche policy. I can understand the ED dealer cost limiting your discount if you're approaching invoice but not at MSRP. It seems like many dealers are just taking advantage of the Gt4 situation.

And to follow up yes I was able to submit an order for the GT4 with ED. Leipzig is pretty booked but Zuffenhausen still seems possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts