Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. For those who have done the European Delivery, how far in advance from the delivery date did you order your car? I am hoping for a mid May delivery which is about 13 weeks away. I have been waiting about a week from the dealer to determine if I can order a Cayman GTS in time. Thanks in advance.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
My dealer advertised for me 12 weeks.

I ordered March 17th for a July 11th delivery. The car was actually completed June 7th and sat in Stuttgart for a month.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I thought I had enough time to order. But it worries me that my dealer has not gotten back to me that such an order is doable even though I'm outside the 12 week window. Perhaps there are other unforeseen circumstances that limit the production?

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
I did order in July, the factory was on hiatus in August somewhat (I could get the stitching changed) the car exit production end of September and I was picking it up in Leipzig mid October. So if you discount the month of factory closure, I had about 11 to 12 weeks too. And the main items back then was to make sure the car was ready in time and could be moved to Leipzig. Nowadays, it seems that there is more competition for getting a slot as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I placed my original order February 22nd and they gave me a June 17th delivery date. I asked if we could move it to the next week and that almost killed the deal. Not sure why. But after Jamie at PCNA got involved 6-25 was confirmed. In early March I decided I needed to upgrade to a "S" model, and then the the issue of a dealer allocation came up. Once again my order was in jeopardy My dealer had to call around and work out a deal for the S allocation. On March 4th I got the confirmation that "S" was a go.

Depending on the model you are ordering, there may be issues with your dealer's allocation. If you have a good dealers, they might be able to make it happen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Calll several dealers. Don't wait for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enjoy your trip. In mid February, I contacted four dealers in the area. Even the name Jamie was floated by one of the dealers. No luck. I was told no for May and June, but July had open dates but not for my May build. European delivery wasn't meant to be this time around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts