Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the first day i bought the car (used) i have problem filling it up with gas, the gun stop b4 it fills, so i have to keep filling it and guess ( if i don't do keep filling it and let it stop itself, it'll only fill up to 3/4 according to the gauge) . Is this normal to CS or might be Evap problem? solution ?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Try turning the gun about 60 degrees or so when you are filling it. That way, the gas goes down the side of the filler tube and there is room for the air to escape without causing bubbles and tripping the gun.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I haven't had any problem personally but have read that some do. If I remember correctly one of the fixes was putting the nozzle in upside down. I've had some luck on other cars that did this just by holding the hose end of the nozzle up instead of letting it hang on it's own.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i've had this problem, a few times, in the short time span i've owned the car. surprisingly, i've only had this issue at Shell gas stations. don't know why, but it wasn't just me, my brother in law had the issue when he borrowed my CS one day.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
does this happen at all gas stations ? there is a tank vent on top of tank,so you may try to follow the vent hoses and look for a kink. look for a vent at filler neck etc. are you getting any fumes ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does this happen at all gas stations ? there is a tank vent on top of tank,so you may try to follow the vent hoses and look for a kink. look for a vent at filler neck etc. are you getting any fumes ?
it's funny, it happens almost every single stations i go to, but just 20 mins ago, the car was still hot , and it didn't do it at the same gas station that i always go to (76)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.