Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these EVOMS shift linkages (EVOMS Billet Shift Linkage V2.0) on their Cayman/Boxster? I was considering getting the Numeric Racing cables, but for a third of the cost, I am wondering if these solve the problem just fine. Plus there's a lifetime guarantee and I'm sure install is much less of a pain than the Numeric cables.

·
Registered
820 Posts
There is a bend in the cable before the shift linkage that usually breaks. While the shift linkage is great to tighten up, it does not solve the inherent break problem that could leave you stranded along side of a dark country road at night locked in some gear. I changed to both Numeric cables and short shifter and am extremely happly with the results of this setup.

With the OEM sloppy setup, I really did not know where the gears were on down shift, which is where the money shift happens. Now, no worries. I can feel the detents of the transmission on each shift which helps on rev matching going down which I do much more frequently now. That downshift also throws oil onto the cylinders walls to help keep them lubercated preventing bore scoring.

Function First also provides cable ends, ball bearing up grade shifter kits, and other 987 useful items (transmission and engine mounts).

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
About 6 or so years ago I replaced the stock shifter with one from Agency Power. I included their shift linkage in the kit (I understand that they sell the linkage separately for about $125). Shifting is more precise and I have not experienced any issues since installation.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I also installed the Agency Power on my 08CS when I had it. The next Cayman I bought was an R and it had the OEM short shifter on it. Candidly, I found the Agency Power more precise/rifle bolt like than the OEM short shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts