Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my new VFlow from EVOMS. This is the new version with the Synthamax (non-oiled) filter. Installation no longer uses bolts and nut on the mounting plate, rather, threaded studs. It is easier to mount it seems than having to juggle the bolt from mone side and nut from the other. I did not expect to feel much difference once installed as 6-8 hp and torque should not be that noticable. However, I was pleasantly surprised that what I felt after the ECU adjusted was a bit of improvement in the throttle response, slight increase in exhaust sound inside (not drone just more of the pleasant stock sound) and a bit faster acceleration when I hit 2200 rpm plus. As I thought more about it, this makes sense in light of the design intent of the VFlow.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I'm curious, will the older oiled filters still fit the new mount? What lifetime (replacement interval) is EVOMS claiming about the new dry filters? I'm guessing that they can't be cleaned.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure the new fits the old mount, they look in the pictures to be identical. They clean with plain tap water. I have a Synthamax on my wife's VFlow on her 07 A3 and have cleaned it with tap water with no issue. They look to be about the same color as the older oiled filter but there is just no oil on it when you rub it, on any of the gasket material etc. My son also has the EVOMS VFlow on his 2010 GTI and it came with the Synthamax (and is the same color as the one on mine).

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Darn, and I just installed a spare filter which I ordered so that I would have two and could rotate them quickly. I also bought the K&N cleaning/oiling kit which the dry ones don't need of course! I've heard that oiled filters tend to clean better but can cause MAF problems if over oiled. Oh well...

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I just checked with Rod at Evo and he told me that the Synthamax is not available for Cayman S gen 1.
Why would that be? Gen I and Gen II are the same in terms of the intake/air filter side from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, I emailed with Ian at EVOMS and he re-confirmed that I my VFlow is from a retooled, new batch that does, in fact, come with the Synthamax.

As regards looking like K&N..........the internal design and manner of mounting is specific to EVOMS' design and construction from everything I have read and seen.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Doc,
The car certainly pulls smoother from a dig & rapidly increases speed past 4000rpm.
My butt dyno is convinced of a small increase in hp & torque, but the sweet spot with the VFlow intake is the way it delivers the power...smooth & rapid. Induction noise has also slightly increased, sounds similar to my golf GTI turbo spooling.

The install was a little tricky, but with the right tools & patience it should be good. It does what it says it does, so I'm giving the VFlow the thumbs up :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was thinking about to buy a BMC replace filter or the Evoms. I only find filters in their website! Why I can't find this new V-Flow on their page??
Im looking for a non-oiled, so this new synthamax should be the one?
How is the install, can I follow the instructions like in the "articles" area?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.