Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 981 Cayman had a severe high-pitched squeak that would occur constantly, even over smooth road surfaces. I took it to the dealer a few times, and they finally isolated the sound to the driver's side rear strut. They replaced it and aligned the car. While they were at it, they did an oil change.

The squeak is thankfully gone, but for some reason, the car seems to have a LOT of wind noise now, starting at around 30 mph. For example, when I'm driving on the highway, I can hear other cars passing by pretty audibly.

I don't know if this is just my imagination or not. I don't remember the exterior noise being this loud. Usually I just hear the engine (which I love). This almost sounds like a panel is missing somewhere, letting a lot of road noise in.

Any thoughts? Hard to believe anything could've gone wrong during installation.

·
Caymudgeon
705 Posts
My 981 Cayman had a severe high-pitched squeak that would occur constantly, even over smooth road surfaces. I took it to the dealer a few times, and they finally isolated the sound to the driver's side rear strut. They replaced it and aligned the car. While they were at it, they did an oil change.

The squeak is thankfully gone, but for some reason, the car seems to have a LOT of wind noise now, starting at around 30 mph. For example, when I'm driving on the highway, I can hear other cars passing by pretty audibly.

I don't know if this is just my imagination or not. I don't remember the exterior noise being this loud. Usually I just hear the engine (which I love). This almost sounds like a panel is missing somewhere, letting a lot of road noise in.

Any thoughts? Hard to believe anything could've gone wrong during installation.
If they had to disassemble the interior to access the top of the strut then perhaps they did not correctly re-assemble all of the insulation behind the panels. Take it back to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts