Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up Tomasz's old cargraphic and finally had some time this weekend to install it. jacked up the car, took off the wheels, sprayed the exhaust flange bolts w/ some PB Blaster, waited 10 minutes then bam! first bolt head sheers off!!

anyways, i'm looking for some shop recommendations to get the exhaust bolt replaced and exhaust installed. anyone have any recommendations?

thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
no love. :(

i went to cantrell motorsports in kirkland, who took 4hrs to get the studs out (all but one broke, one of which was done by yours truly) and install the exhaust. they removed the headers and pressed the bolt studs out. thankfully, they didn't press new bolts in so this problem shouldn't occur in the future... they also had a fitment problem mounting the two tubes (one w/ the OEM tip) from the OEM to cargraphic. said the fitment was "not as nice" as newer cargraphic systems.

soundwise - its a bit "boomy" for my taste (from the inside) at lower rpm's. not sure what the rest of the world hears though. i guess that's inherent of all aftermarket exhaust systems though.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
See if you can borrow an oxyacetylene torch (the propane "plumber" torches don't get hot enough). Heat the back of the stud and the flange with the "blue-tipped wrench" until you can see the red glow on the face of the flange (where the gasket goes). Then, use a punch and a hammer, and the broken stud will tap right out. Takes about 20-30 seconds per stud and very little force.

I've tried drilling out the broken studs, and it is nasty, uncomfortable and takes forever. Use a decent torch, and you'll be amazed how fast those studs can be removed.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
mwy23

Max RPM in Bremerton can do the job for you no problem .Alex is the best Porsche Guy around IMO

Also Try Carb Connection(dont let the name fool you) there in Redmond they seem to be Tops in that area . Really nice people too.Tell them your part of the cayman club ,we do all our dynos there :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.