Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got my 987.1 '06 CS. This is a great thread and really helpful Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any mention of Cargraphic cat-back systems. Happened to be speaking to Sharkwerks and told them for street, I want nothing louder than "sport" system. They said that at least in their opinion it comes down to Remus and Cargraphic, not saying they did not think highly of other systems like Fabspeed or Tubi. In researching some of this stuff I am also impressed (build, sound) with the FabSpeed MaxFlo system.
My impressions simply going by somewhat limited info:
1) Remus..nice tone but not as Porsche-like as I want to hear it. Understand it has minimal annoyance when driving the car.
2) Fabspeed and Cargraphic seem high quality and much more the "euro sound"I desire.

Comments?

549 Posts
Comments?
If you are looking for a premium tone without any droning - have you looked into our Performance Exhaust? I guarantee you will be pleased with the in-cabin experience thanks to our high quality drone fighting mufflers. We'd be happy to chat more about it with you.

-Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
Comparing the sound of the PSE to the "Free Mod" (AKA sleeve mod) on a 987.2. Surprisingly, there is a big difference!

This is with a 1.25" hole cut in the sleeve, facing the rear of the car. This size hole is the point at which the tiniest amount of drone begins.

Parts 1-3 of this series are still being created and will be uploaded soon, but I thought I'd start with the punchline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have catless headers with FVD sound version mufflers? I'm debating between fvd full race system, or fabspeed headers (catless) with FVD sound system. I've been searching for days now and cant find a sound clip that would give me an idea of how loud a full race system will be. only video of the FVD Race system i found was on youtube, and it was full throttle on a track. i'd like to hear it idle or between 3-4k rpm. anyone have either of these builds? I know too loud is subjective to the person but i wish there were more sound clips to hear

·
Registered
2006 Porsche Cayman S
10 Posts
I’m looking into Getting a cat back. I want to keep that euro Porsche sound with no drone. But also want it to be louder and more menacing Ofcourse. Tubi and Soul Performance caught my eye but can’t find any video or sound of ‘just’ the exhaust installed. I’d like to hear if anyone can find some links for me! Thanks!

549 Posts
I’m looking into Getting a cat back. I want to keep that euro Porsche sound with no drone. But also want it to be louder and more menacing Ofcourse. Tubi and Soul Performance caught my eye but can’t find any video or sound of ‘just’ the exhaust installed. I’d like to hear if anyone can find some links for me! Thanks!
Here are a few clips of just our rear exhaust:

-Mike

549 Posts
Ok, So is this exactly that product? Porsche 987.1 Boxster / Cayman Performance Exhaust System - Soul Performance Products
Is there anything else which I should buy together with that? Any discounts in these hard times of COVID?

PM me if you prefer!
Correct, that is our Performance Exhaust only! If you're up for some more wrenching if might be time to upgrade your air filter to a higher flowing unit like a BMC filter if you haven't already. I'll shoot you a PM now with Planet-9 discount!

-Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
anyone have a video or first hand experience with the Meisterschaft GT exhaust with race headers? would love to hear a video. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trying to decide on cat back exhaust. Prefer something that looks stock but with good rumble.

Borla
Remus
Carnewal GT (reworked internals)

leaning towards Carnewal GT because it meets my sounds expectations...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trying to decide on cat back exhaust. Prefer something that looks stock but with good rumble.

Borla
Remus
Carnewal GT (reworked internals)

leaning towards Carnewal GT because it meets my sounds expectations...

Thoughts?
For a stock look but great sound I think the FVD BROMBACHER sound version is a great choice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

800 Posts
Realize the full performance potential of your 981 Boxster or Cayman with full control at your fingertips. Enjoy the aggressive sound of a performance exhaust and switch back to a subtle street-worthy note at the push of a button.

From the headers to the exhaust tips, this complete performance package is the best combination of Porsche 981 Boxster and Porsche Cayman aftermarket exhaust and intake parts available. Fabspeed constructs all of its parts with extreme precision and tests the performance against OEM numbers to fine-tune the upgrades. We pair these fantastic Fabspeed products with intake and tuning upgrades from the best names in the business to bring you the ultimate Performance Package for your 981!
The TrackTec STREET Performance Package comes with the following products
  • Fabspeed TrackTec Valved Bypass Exhaust System (Includes Dual Style Tips)
  • Fabspeed Sport Headers (incl. 200-cell HJS Sport Catalytic Converters)
  • IPD Competition Plenum Package
  • BMC F1 Replacement Air Filters
  • ExperTune Performance Software with Handheld Tuner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts