Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anybody ever tried a magnex exhaust on a CS 987.1?

I've had one on another car and it was a great exhaust!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been considering some of these options, can anybody clear up the cat. details on these systems. It is my understanding that there's two(?) sets of cats and these systems pretty much all delete one. I'm not looking for headers, just what I'd consider a simple cat-back system for some added sound.

Any clarification helps with how the car will handle emissions inspections/etc.

Leaning Remus or Fabspeed right now.

Also would consider a pre-loved exhaust if anybody has a take-off.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Starts with a leisurely roll out to a major thoroughfare - why wake up the neighbors when you can wake up the neighborhood? :)

780 Posts
popcornten,

You have primary and secondary catalytic converters, and our exhaust systems eliminate your rear catalytic converters with no issues as your vehicle does not monitor these cats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there a difference between fabspeed race and fabspeed supercup. I am considering this exhaust or any other race exhaust. I drive my car occasionally and always with the top down. It's too quiet stock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is a great thread. I have stock exhausts on my 2006 CaymanS and 2014 BoxterS and really want the sport exhaust noise on both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed a Remus exhaust on my 2009 Cayman S. Here is a quick video revving it up after it was fully warmed up. Other mods are IPD comp plenum, GT3 throttle body, BMC filter and desnorkeled. It sounds fantastic and is exactly what I was looking for. Very little drone around 2k.

https://youtu.be/-JYTUo1jZko

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed a Remus exhaust on my 2009 Cayman S. Here is a quick video revving it up after it was fully warmed up. Other mods are IPD comp plenum, GT3 throttle body, BMC filter and desnorkeled. It sounds fantastic and is exactly what I was looking for. Very little drone around 2k.

https://youtu.be/-JYTUo1jZko
Hi 12pcar,

That's a great video! Would you be able to share where you got these parts from? I have been looking for a while to solve my "sound problem" on my 2008 Cayman S but there are so many different opinions out there without a "here you go - complete solution".
Thank you!

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
GREAT deal on Cayman S REMUS exhausts; FREE ship and discount as well - ONLY THRU MARCH 2016!

QTY 1 2006-288 UNIT, STAINLESS
QTY 1 2009 & UP, STANLESS

141 - 160 of 188 Posts