Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these exhaust tips for sale on ebay?
Porsche Boxster 987 / Cayman Dual Pipe Exhaust Tip V2 "Black"

I have 06 Cayman S

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got the black chrome set on my car also. Well worth the money as they add a nice aggressive touch to the rear. FYI, if you do decide to purchase them go through maxspeed's website as they're $275 vice 300.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have the polished SS tips from about a year ago and the quality is top notch. A unique (I think) feature is the ball/swivel mount interface which allows for adjustment in roll, pitch and yaw. Perfect alignment is easily achieved.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like the NHP Black Chrome Tips! Other black matte or black chrome tips are very expensive (mostly 3x more!).

Can I change the tips by my own or do I need to lift the car up and take one muffler down??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like the NHP Black Chrome Tips! Other black matte or black chrome tips are very expensive (mostly 3x more!).

Can I change the tips by my own or do I need to lift the car up and take one muffler down??
You can install them on your own. The NHP just clamps to the accumulator...should take only a few minutes. May need to squirt from WD40 or 3-in-1 oil around the clamp if the tip has siezed.

You may also want to take a look at the AWE Tuning version. They have a black chrome model. I bought their stainless model and love it. For the AWE version, you would need to drop one side of the exhaust since this tip also includes an integrated x-pipe style accumulator that replaces your existing accumulator.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/products/awe/caymans/AWE_cayman987_tips_black.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you give us the link?
I did not have enough posts to give a link. But I got them on ebay from max speed motor sports ($299.) and I installed them in about 10 minutes. I get a lot of great comments on the black chrome against the Silver color. I think but, not sure that they changed the sound somewhat. I still plan to replace my exhaust sometime with Borla.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Ihave the polished silver ones. I have received a number of compliments on how they look. As others have reported in the past, I cut off 1" at the end of the accumulator pipe so that they only stick out about a 1/4# past the bumper. They look better that way IMO. I do think the sound changed a bit but it is likely the result of the removal of 1" and not long after I had also installed the EVOMS VFlow so hard to tell cause and effect. Net net,nice looking and certainly did not hurt the sound any.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks. You really need a lift to install these things. I didn't have one and floor jacks on the rear helped but there was a lot of agony and words with so little room to work. Getting off the original tips was the hardest part.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Nice looking tips. It looks like it is like combining NHP with Dream 1. If one looks at it that way, the price is very reasonable and you have a complete stainless set up vs. stainless and ceramic coated steel....no offesne to Dream 1 intended just like all stainless myself.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.