Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 2016 cayman s for about 3 weeks now and I'm ready to get a new exhaust system. Other than the Armytrix brand, does anyone know of another quality performance exhaust that will have a similar option to PSE and Armytrix which allows you to open and close the valves for controlled noise? This is my daily driver so I like the idea of being able to turn it off if I want a more quiet drive at certain times.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
So I've had my 2016 cayman s for about 3 weeks now and I'm ready to get a new exhaust system. Other than the Armytrix brand, does anyone know of another quality performance exhaust that will have a similar option to PSE and Armytrix which allows you to open and close the valves for controlled noise? This is my daily driver so I like the idea of being able to turn it off if I want a more quiet drive at certain times.

There are quite a few that have the switch: Akropovic, Capristo, FVD, and Armytrix are the ones that come to mind (in order of most to least expensive)...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are quite a few that have the switch: Akropovic, Capristo, FVD, and Armytrix are the ones that come to mind (in order of most to least expensive)...
I didn't realize akropoviç had that option, I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my favorite videos of the akrapovic exhaust system on a 981:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceux62wS8Os

They cost twice the price of an Armytrix system, though...

Great video, i love the sound but I kind of feel like its too much like a muscle car. So far from all the videos i've seen I'm leaning towards the Armytrix system but than again this is only based on videos.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think IPE sounds the best, but I don't own it...only watched youtube videos, its also valved

·
Registered
5,482 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My cargraphic system sound great after breaking in a few months. No drone cruising 55-60 with pdk, but minor drone cruising 65+. I got cats too and I bet that is why I have some drone. Using stock headers, you'll probably have no drone.

If you are going after valves systems for drone fears, keep in mind that drone occurs regardless of valves.

803 Posts
I thought the Fabspeed exhaust currently available for the 981 was already valved ??
Hello dmboone25,

Both our 981 Maxflo and Supercup systems are not valved, but do offer amazing performance and sound benefits for street and track use depending on your goals. As we are constantly striving for perfection, our new valved system is an accumulation of months of research and design specifically for those wanting a refined tone with no drone on the highway and around town, and wild burbling roar at the push of the button for the track and spirited driving. We've been fine tuning the system and the release is right around the corner. It just may be our best sounding system yet. The crackles on decel are incredible, yet with valve closed it's extremely civil and mild mannered enough (again, no drone!) for daily driving.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hello dmboone25,

Both our 981 Maxflo and Supercup systems are not valved, but do offer amazing performance and sound benefits for street and track use depending on your goals. As we are constantly striving for perfection, our new valved system is an accumulation of months of research and design specifically for those wanting a refined tone with no drone on the highway and around town, and wild burbling roar at the push of the button for the track and spirited driving. We've been fine tuning the system and the release is right around the corner. It just may be our best sounding system yet. The crackles on decel are incredible, yet with valve closed it's extremely civil and mild mannered enough (again, no drone!) for daily driving.
Any performance benefits to your system? Also can you PM me price points if you don't want to make it public? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts