Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the 981CS, 991T, 991GT3, 430 Scuderia and Huracan. In that order and 5-7 laps in each car. I found that the P cars were the easiest to drive fast. That was the first time I've driven a turbo and all I can say is WOW. The initial acceleration is such a rush. The Huracan had more top end speed on the long straight but the turbo was impressive how it came out of turns and just went. I could drive the CS and turbo on the street but the power delivery of the others were too racy for our 65mph speed limits. I think the CS would be the most fun because it's not that fast and you can wind it out. But the turbo, 0-60 all day long. And that wasn't an S or even have the Sport+. I've got to find a way to get a 0-60 launch ride in a turbo S.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have tracked the 981 CS many times, but never driven the Turbo. Then I was instructing a guy in a Turbo at a POC event recently. And as the guy started getting comfortable with the speed, I started giving the 'go-go-go' when he hit the straights.
WHAT AN EYE-OPENER!! Every time we hit a straight, I'm yelling 'go!' and we're laughing like hyenas!! It's SO fast! (And so fun!)

He never could figure out how I was lapping 10 seconds faster in a Cayman.... next lesson...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have tracked the 981 CS many times, but never driven the Turbo. Then I was instructing a guy in a Turbo at a POC event recently. And as the guy started getting comfortable with the speed, I started giving the 'go-go-go' when he hit the straights.
WHAT AN EYE-OPENER!! Every time we hit a straight, I'm yelling 'go!' and we're laughing like hyenas!! It's SO fast! (And so fun!)

He never could figure out how I was lapping 10 seconds faster in a Cayman.... next lesson...
Glad you enjoyed yourself! Exotics is a cool company, I'm an instructor at Dream Racing (Exotic's neighbor, same location) and we have race cars you can drive over there (430 challenge, 458 challenge, gallardo super trofeo), if you decide to do something like this again check us out! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to Exotics the first month they opened. That was my 3rd visit totaling 14 cars. The exotic cars on a race track is a brilliant idea. For just a few hundred dollars you can drive some of the most exotic cars how they were meant to be driven. Well at least up to your skill level. LOL I saw Dream and they'll be my next visit. Ferrari race car, oh yeah. I go every time I'm near Vegas.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've been to Exotics the first month they opened. That was my 3rd visit totaling 14 cars. The exotic cars on a race track is a brilliant idea. For just a few hundred dollars you can drive some of the most exotic cars how they were meant to be driven. Well at least up to your skill level. LOL I saw Dream and they'll be my next visit. Ferrari race car, oh yeah. I go every time I'm near Vegas.
It's really great to hear they let you really drive the cars as fast as you can. I'd considered renting a Ferrari for a weekend once an it was like $4000 and they had a satellite connection to make sure you didn't break 100 mph, my entire interest in renting one would have been to take it to a DE event and to experience it. So I agree it's a brilliant idea and a great bang for the buck (says they guy who hasn't yet tried it). I'm going to be in Vegas in March and hope to get in 40-50 laps spread across every dream car I can think of.

·
Revhead
371 Posts
Folks in other parts of the country might like to check out Xtreme Xperience, who do three-lap supercar arrive-and-drive events at various tracks around the country. Their fleet includes a Huracan, a brace of 458 Italias, a GT3, an MP4-12C, a couple of LP560s, a V10 R8, and a Nissan GT-R. I've worked with them as an instructor on three separate occasions now, and plan on flying to Gingerman and a couple of other tracks around the country with them this year. I can tell you from personal experience that the vehicles are not limited in any way, and customers are allowed and encouraged to make full use of the vehicle's performance capabilities. Drive Exotic Supercars on a Real Racetrack | Xtreme Xperience

·
Registered
507 Posts

Yeah definitely, Dream Racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Drive Racecars and Exotics- Dream Racing We keep updating the fleet so Check back at the website to see what we've got. When you go ask for Jordan as your instructor and I'll be your guy!

·
Registered
285 Posts
A couple years ago I was in Italy and went to the Ferrari factory, didn't get in but across the street they rent exotics. I rented a 458 spider. You drive it about 20 miles to the next town over then do several laps on the race track then drive it back. Best experience of my life and the best 1000 bux I ever spent.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! Thanks for coming out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts