Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent my built out to 3 dealers for a quote. MSRP is just over $71k on a 2018 base Cayman. What should I reasonably expect for a discount?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was offered about 5% off from two local dealers when I sent a Porsche code out for a 718 Boxster, but I've heard of others getting 8%. I think they only have about 10% margin to play with over invoice.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Based on these listings I’d say 10% is pretty reasonable.

These cars are in Colorado and it’s ski season there not sports car season so they’re obviously looking to get rid of these cars especially since they have 7 of them on the lot.

I do realize you have a specific build in mind but based on the fact that winter is basically here you’d do a lot better discount wise by buying off the lot.

Good luck in your search.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle...017-718-cayman-and-718-boxster-inventory.html

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
I always go to the dealership with a "build" in mind but I always manage to find something on the lot or in the showroom. (Instant gratification.) The dealership is more anxious to get rid of cars that they already have so they give me a better deal. (At least I think that I get a better deal.)

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on these listings I’d say 10% is pretty reasonable.

These cars are in Colorado and it’s ski season there not sports car season so they’re obviously looking to get rid of these cars especially since they have 7 of them on the lot.

I do realize you have a specific build in mind but based on the fact that winter is basically here you’d do a lot better discount wise by buying off the lot.
I would agree if I was buying a 2017 off the lot but I’m not. I like to order my vehicles so I get exactly what I want and don’t pay for features I don't want. Plus in my case, I really don’t want the car until April anyway.

·
Registered
268 Posts
As well as searching for the "best" discount, I suggest you also look for a dealer with a good service reputation (both customer service and workshop).
The Porsche forums are full of complaints about dealers.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As well as searching for the "best" discount, I suggest you also look for a dealer with a good service reputation (both customer service and workshop).
The Porsche forums are full of complaints about dealers.
I agree but since I will be doing a 2 year, 7,500 mile/yr lease and the 10k mile service is free on the 2018 718’s I probably won’t even need a paid service during my lease term, plus I only have 1 dealer within 45 miles of me so my choices for service are pretty limited.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that margins for Porsche dealerships are greater. I got 11,000 off my '17CS ( 89000 -78000). And the volume at Porsche dealers are very low.
I got sbout the same off ($88k vs $77k) but it also depends if you take something off the lot. I got mine 10/30/17 so they bargained like mad to get it out the door.

ymmv, good luck

Rippey

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that margins for Porsche dealerships are greater. I got 11,000 off my '17CS ( 89000 -78000). And the volume at Porsche dealers are very low.
I got sbout the same off ($88k vs $77k) but it also depends if you take something off the lot. I got mine 10/30/17 so they bargained like mad to get it out the door.

ymmv, good luck

Rippey
You’re correct. If you can find a 2017 on a lot you like you should be able to get a 10-12% discount easily.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know for sure but my guess is their profit margin is north of 12%: https://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/21/porsche-17250-profit-per-car/
I think you should look at around 7%. Good luck!
Just finalized my deal on a custom ordered 2018 Cayman. I was able to negotiate a 7.25% discount and I’m happy with that. I spoke to 3 dealers.... one wouldn’t go higher than 2.5% and they were eliminated immediately. The other two had final offers of 6% and 7.25%. Signing the paperwork today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.