Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Has anyone tried changing to the rubber engine mounts from RS or 996's x73 suspension? Like the ones Carnewal sells etc.

My mounts are probably due for change next year. I want something a bit more stiffer than the OEM ones for 987 cars, but certainly do not want anything crazy like solid mount ones.

Just wondering if anyone have installed the hard rubber ones for a mostly street driven car with occasional track/AutoX/spirited drives. Whether this is too much for daily drives?

Also, do those parts from 996 X73 and/or RS fit without modifications? (I mean rear ones, I suppose the front one I still gotta pick up the regular OEM fluid filled one)

Thanks,
Kelvin

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply. Ya, I saw your article too. Definitely wouldn't want Wevo or Function First. So really looking for the hard rubber OEM parts for the 997 RS/996tt ones as comparison. Those should be harder than the fluid filled ones on the OEM but not as jarring as those aftermarket ones (I hope)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
For no extra vibration worth talking about keep the stock OEM Engine mount and change the two tranmission mounts to SS Wevo.
Also this procedure takes less than an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts