Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a newbe to this forum: I am about to upgrade the factory audio unit in my 987 and after going through the options of an aftermarket kit and a generic nav/audio system, I ended up finding the Zenec Z-E7015S Porsche System. This system is designed specifically for the cayman/boxter/911 and does not need any kits to built it into the car. It also has the exact colors and look/feel of the car, so all in all that looks like a winner.

Anyone on the forum who may want to share his/her experience with this system?

Details can be found here: Z-E7015S: Zenec - Touch another World.

Thanks, Edwin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it has been released fairly recent, hence the lack of experiences. I have not bought it yet since I had asked the manufacturer a couple of questions that have not been answered yet but still plan to go for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the device installed. Here is the result. Color and lights are an exact match. The look and feel is also Porsche specific. Works with generic Porsche sound systems, but also has a fiberglass connection (MOST bus) for connecting with a OEM BOSE sound system.

20150611_212717.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Retailprice for the Zenec is EUR 1.399. Have not seen it any cheaper yet. Looks like a fixed price (every shop sells it for the same price in our country (Netherlands) but also in other European countries, also: it has been on the market fairly recent. MOST is standard on the device. No additional costs there. I had it installed for free, so I guess the garage makes a decent margin on the Zenec.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Retailprice for the Zenec is EUR 1.399. Have not seen it any cheaper yet. Looks like a fixed price (every shop sells it for the same price in our country (Netherlands) but also in other European countries, also: it has been on the market fairly recent. MOST is standard on the device. No additional costs there. I had it installed for free, so I guess the garage makes a decent margin on the Zenec.
Any chance on getting a more detailed review and more pictures of the screens? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mike,

If you click on the link in the first part of these posts, you will be routed to the product brochure that contains a number of the screenshots. It also provides for a download option to retreive the full manual that includes all other screens. Writing a review does not help you much, not only because I lack the time to write a long one, but also because it is just personal opinions and may not match yours :) Happy to answer any specific questions that you may have though.

Rgds, Edwin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Edwin,

I am very curious to hear how you are finding the overall functionality of this unit. NAV, iPod speed and performance etc Just a few lines would be great. Its a big investment of money and I like the idea of plug and play and Porsche OEM look.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Alex,

Overall I am glad I bought the system. Nav works great, though the startup time to initially load the startscreen could have been quicker. I do not have an IPod, so I am using the USB docking device (mounted in the glove compartment) that allows you to access multiple USB devices storing music, movies etc. and that works quick and with good quality. The looks and feel are great, but that of course is personal taste I realize. At the moment I am not satisfied with the sound quality. There is a lack of the lower tones (bass) even with the EQ on max for bass and loundness activated. My suspician is that during installation the garage has not correctly connected the speakers, so I am going back to them to have that checked, Despite these points, still happy with the purchase. Does this help?

Rgds, Edwin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the meantime, forgetting to update this thread earlier, I have been back to the garage. They indeed had made a simple wire error. Took them just a few minutes to correct and it works like a charm. Very happy and great audio both as video.

~

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi ........,

As mentioned earlier in this thread, retailprice is 1.399 Euro (at current fx rate pretty close to the same in USD). The Zenec is widely available through most specialized caraudio stores here in Europe. You may want to Google a bit to find a place near you in the US. Mine is installed with Europe nav maps, but would assume the ones sold in the US come with a NA map. I had the unit installed (for free) and very happy with it.

Edwin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You might consider to mailorder one here in Europe? Example: http://shop1.acr.ch/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=2594.

There is a very detailed manual enclosed with the device for installing it. There are also several instruction video's on You Tube for it. Zentec also has a special website to upgrade maps and I would be very surprised if NA is not part of that. Probably the merchant will sent out the device with NA instead of Europe if you ask for it.

More details: http://www.zenec.com/products/ego/porsche/z-e7015s.html

Edwin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I am selling one along with a rear camera if someone is interested. Product is brand new and never been used.
Please contact me by email if interested
[email protected]
Price for the Pack 1200€
Content: radio navigation system, GPS antenna, hands free mic, Bluetooth, USB hub, MP3 capability, + Rear view camera!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts